Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Vest, Velour and Ruffles

I spent some time playing around in my closet last night, and once again, I was reminded how much I need that time. 
I always feel better about my outfits when I've tried things on and played around with them. 

  • Vest - Indochino, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in May for a shop with Ariana up and down Oak Bay Avenue
  • Blouse - Nicole Benisti, consignment; first worn here in June as part of my periodontal armour
  • Velour cotton skirt - Sonia Rykiel, vintage 90s, thrifted; last seen here way back in October 2025 to see The Beaches in concert
  • Shoes - Big Presence Desmond, Fluevog, consignment; last worn here in March with a green satin dress

Getting in another wearing of this lovely early 00s ruffled paisley blouse. It's a mix of purples, with splashes of yellow and orange. I wore a purple camisole under it, which as a good thing, as I'd missed a button! 
This is my first wearing of the Rykiel skirt this season - I am just not reaching for my shorter skirts! - but this one is very much a favourite. It's the thickest cotton-blend velour and has been washed many times. So soft! 

Incognito. Yar! I'm a pirate! 
Whateley came in for some lovin' this morning while I was doing my pictures. 

The stuff: 
Did you spy the little kitty pin peeking out of my upper vest pocket? I liked that wee guy there. 

  • Cat brooch - gift from Yvonne
  • Silk scarf - Perry Ellis, thrifted; purchased here for $6.95

Purple bling: 
You could just see a few beads of the necklace under the collar. 

  • Carved jadeite bangle - consignment
  • Steel/purple stone cuff - Malta, vintage 70s, vintage mall
  • Gold/amethyst ring - Francis Jewellers, c. 1965, Dad's
  • Silver/amethyst ring - vintage mall
  • Necklace - vintage/new beads, strung by me
  • Earrings - c. 1995, vintage shop

I forgot to actually WEAR the earrings! I left them sitting on my lingerie chest. 

Whateley's been sleeping in my fancy sock bag again. 
"This is the best spot."


Barnabas is always lurking nearby.
"I'm sneaky!"


Time to feed the beasts! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm not the least bit surprised at your "back-stage" work. Experts who excel at anything put in effort behind-the-scenes to prepare for and produce the finished product they later reveal. Your outfits don't choose themselves! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right, Ally! It's the duck analogy, isn't it? Calm and serene on the top, but furiously paddling below the water.

      Delete
  2. A very well co-ordinated outfit, and I especially like the shoes with it. You are a good influence, yesterday I discovered that a top I had went very well with a skirt I had never worn it with before!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so incredibly special, and I love them and hug them and treasure them forever. Please feel free to tell me what you think!

I'm not currently able to respond to comments, but I will make every effort to answer questions. I do read every single one, and appreciate your comments.

Please note that comments containing affiliate links spam-y sites, spam comments and anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted.

Cheers,
Sheila