Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Black and White and a Fin for Lyle Lovett

Hello, Gentle Reader, and once again, I am in a hurry! L and I are off to see Lyle Lovett live in concert! Please do check back tomorrow for more pictures of the concert (I'll add them to this post), and speaking of...do check out a few added pics from yesterday's Book Club (here). 
I selected this outfit specifically to do my office work all day, plus a lot of walking, and then sitting at the concert (and walking home!). We saw Lyle live in July 2012 here, with pictures here.

  • Ruffled cotton blouse - J. Crew, consignment; purchased here for $34.00
  • Denim/brocade "fin" top - 3.1 Phillip Lim, consignment; last worn here in June (same shoes) with my bronze skirt
  • Skirt - Cydney Mar, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in June with orange and copper for L's birthday lunch with Mom
  • Sneakers - Converse; last worn here for a haircut in June in stripes

I had a gorgeous view of the Castle today. 
Ooh, glowy morning light...

I finally got around to styling up this white ruffled cotton blouse that I bought a couple of months ago. White shirts are not terrible exciting to me - they fill a niche for layering and that's it. I do really like the crispy ruffles on this one, though. 
My fin top which is always fun to waggle at my coworkers. The long skirt is worn bare-legged with wee shorts. I was not sure if the Royal Theatre would be warm or cold. 

Incognito. 
Doing the ol' scarf and glove thing for the chilly mornings. Did not need the gloves after work, but it was really nice to have them after the show for the walk home. 

I took a picture of the empty purse in the morning. 
Showing my practical walking sneakers and sparkly socks. 

The stuff: 
I didn't want to unlace the sneakers and do them up again...and then put them back on. 

  • Purse - fake Hermes, thrifted, Vancouver
  • Silk flies scarf - Smoking Lily, vintage 90s, thrifted
  • Leather gloves - Echo, consignment

Silver bling: 
A lot from Sidney! 

  • Silver S bracelet - Mexican, consignment, Sidney
  • Silver/onyx squares bracelet - Mexican, consignment, Sidney
  • Silver/onyx flat bracelet - consignment, Sidney
  • Silver/onyx necklace - Mexican, consignment, Powell River
  • Silver clip earrings - Mexican, consignment, Sidney
  • Silver/crystal ring - Soul Flower, gift from Cindy
  • Silver chain ring - Mexican, consignment
  • Hammered silver ring - consignment, Sidney

And Mom's lobster. 
I like the surreal aspect of just wearing a lobster. 

  • Lobster brooch - Bermuda, vintage 90s, Mom's

I did take a picture of my shoes. 
Whateley helped. 

Barnabas...did not.
What a cute boy! He's showing all his "feathers." 

Stay tuned...more pics coming! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so incredibly special, and I love them and hug them and treasure them forever. Please feel free to tell me what you think!

I'm not currently able to respond to comments, but I will make every effort to answer questions. I do read every single one, and appreciate your comments.

Please note that comments containing affiliate links spam-y sites, spam comments and anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted.

Cheers,
Sheila