Good enough for a Monday!
- Cotton shirt - Toteme, consignment; purchased here for $35.00
- Skirt - INC Stretch by International Concepts, vintage 90s, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit, way down) in April 2025 for brunch in Weird Adidas
- Luke/Yoda Star Wars shoes - Irregular Choice; last worn here on May the 4th with the same belt
I'm debuting this new-to-me striped shirt - now, I have a thousand-dollar shirt in addition to my thousand-dollar sweater! It honestly wasn't "all that" - it's a nice white cotton shirt.
I flipped the cuffs up and shoved them to my elbows. Now we're stylin'!
I wore a brooch at the top of the neck, just like I did in the 80s, although then I would have added long ropes of fake pearls then.
The skirt is what I think of as a "shopping" piece, because it has pockets and does up with snaps. Easy on, easy off and lots of storage.
A look at the oversized back of the shirt.
Barnabas being a doofus. The stuff:
Silver bling:
Big bold pieces for the hand-party.
I noticed Barnabas on top of the post the other night.
I just felt like wearing my Star Wars stuff.
- Fake leather hat - Babaton, consignment
- Wood/steel brooch - Aarikka, vintage fair
- Star Wars seat-belt belt - Buckle Down, consignment, gift from L
Big bold pieces for the hand-party.
- Carved Lucite/silver bracelet - Alexis Bittar, consignment, Vancouver
- Silver S bracelet - Mexican, consignment, Sidney
- Silver/crystal ring - Soul Flower
- Silver chain ring - Mexican, consignment
- Earrings - Chan Luu, consignment
I noticed Barnabas on top of the post the other night.
I think he's just resting on his tum.
Three legs off, plus his tail.
And he sleeps like this! I came in for some head-rubs here, as he was purring very loudly. 

The shirt looks ultra-comfortable and versatile. Indeed, your look says sheer comfort, most appealing for a summer’s day that involves air conditioning! Your earrings are perfect! Am fairly certain I’ve commented on them previously. Ah, Barnabas the flopper! Stay cool! We are slated for a 3-day heat wave in the high 90sF. 🥵 Heading 60 miles SE today to spend time with Fred’s sister and other family at their beach house. It will be 10+ degrees cooler there so we can be outdoors. Cheers, Laurie
ReplyDeleteIt's a nice piece - I'll try to get another wearing in this summer. I like the earrings too - they're very versatile.
DeleteHope your heat lets us - it's been bearable here...aside from the thunderstorms.
Hey pal. Thanks for alerting me to Substack's delivery of your weekly posts there. That and visiting here have recently stimulated me to do two things I've been unable or neglected to do for the past three years. (1) Buy a new pair of shoes from... of course!... John Fluevog. The pair (mens) have his initials designed into the look. (2) Go clothes shopping. I haven't done that in ages, mostly due to ill health but now that my health has returned, is limited only by my inability to drive. So I asked my friend Debbie to drive me (once a week) and tomorrow we're going shopping. Yay! Thank YOU for inspiring me to return to my favorite activities. You've earned yourself a place in Heaven. :)
ReplyDeleteAh, this is lovely Ally!!!!
DeleteWoo! Please post the shoes on your blog! Do things that make you happy! I hope you find many pretty dresses! YAY!!
DeleteI like your stripes very much! You look funky and a good cotton shirt is always a winner! I have no idea HOW Barnabus sleeps in that position! Looks like he'll topple at any moment!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kezzie! Barnabas is the goofiest cat. Neither of the boys are brain trusts, lol.
DeleteA beautiful shirt, sensible enough that it was crying out for those Star Wars shoes and belt. Barnabas has his own style of sleeping. Whatever feels comfortable, I guess.
ReplyDeleteYes, I like the contrast of the formal shirt with the Star Wars stuff! He is one silly cat.
DeleteLove the striped shirt, cute combo with the skirt...and what a joy to see Luke and Yoda again. I love the Star Wars stuff!
ReplyDeleteI love it too! Thanks!
Delete