Tuesday, July 21, 2026

My Sleeves are Clouds

Dashing off to my Book Club, so I'll be brief. 
Kudos to my colleague Martin for the post title. "They don't have a silver lining," I replied. 


  • Organza blouse - WoWo, consignment, Vancouver; last seen here in April with a t-shirt overtop
  • Pleated dress - Adolpho Domingo, consignment; first worn here in November 2025 with blue velvet boots
  • Shoes - Zoomies Ishshoes, Fluevog; last seen here in April when I first wore this top

It was SO HOT today - as I type, it's 27 degrees. Phew! 
And here I am, in all polyester. Silly me.

I layered this top with its massive sleeeeves under this very loose and flowy crinkle dress. 
I have wee shorts under it and a cotton camisole so that I don't sweat onto the clothes. 

The boys came for a visit while I was adjusting my scarf. 
Whateley wanted to be picked up, and Barnabas...well, he just barges in whenever he wants. 

Incognito. 
I Ubered to Book Club so I wouldn't arrive a sweaty mess. 

The stuff: 
Good shoes for the office, not so much for walking. 

  • Silk scarf - Lanvin, vintage 80s, vintage mall

Green bling: 
I haven't worn my green "set" for a while. 

  • Silver mesh bracelet - Mexican, consignment, Sidney
  • Glass bangle - thrifted
  • Silver/green stone ring - consignment
  • Silver/aventurine ring - consignment
  • Silver poison ring - Karen's
  • Glass/silver/marcasite earrings - vintage fair

Sorry, another busy night! Off I go! 

16 comments:

  1. What a completely fun and dramatic outfit! It makes me happy just to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mighty sleeves! So dramatic! I really like those shoes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Such great fun.

    I would term the blouse 'forecast cumulus'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love each piece of the “cloudy” outfit, and by putting them together, you made the whole ensemble sing! Thank you for another great inspiration. Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fashion forward outfit! I'm down for it! Absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a billowy set of arms you have, all the better for floating in the sky. ;-) This is definitely an eye-catching outfit that looks (curiously, to me) comfortable, maybe because the sleeves make me think of floating or lots of whipped cream!
    As for the book that you are reading that was a Christmas present, my theory is that stories unfold at the pace we read them but wait patiently for us if we take a break. ;-) Cheers, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a fun outfit to wear. That's a great way to think of books!

      Delete
  7. Enjoy your book night. Love the unique sleeves. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your opening comment about dashing off to book club reminds me of the beginning of a new amusing TV show called "Ride or Die" (Prime). In it, two female friends who've been close for 20 years suddenly reveal surprising truths they've hidden from each other. One (played by Hannah Waddingham) is an international assassin; the other (played by Octavia Spencer) belongs to a book club but, as she confides, she's going to a club meeting without having read the book. As if the two things are equivalent. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, "dashing off to Book Club" is totally code for spy shenanigans, Ally! That sounds like a good show, thanks for the rec! It's funny what one person considers a big secret!

      Delete

Comments are so incredibly special, and I love them and hug them and treasure them forever. Please feel free to tell me what you think!

I'm not currently able to respond to comments, but I will make every effort to answer questions. I do read every single one, and appreciate your comments.

Please note that comments containing affiliate links spam-y sites, spam comments and anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted.

Cheers,
Sheila