Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Darth Duster in Ultrasuede, Gold and Greens

I spent time last night trying on this outfit to make sure it all worked.
I hadn't yet worn this swanky vintage designer dress this season, and it was long overdue. I wore it as a coat/duster. 

  • Ultrasuede shirt dress - Halston, vintage 70s, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in January for Star Trek Brunch
  • Top - Le Chateau, thrifted; last worn here in March under a Baroque blouse
  • Silk trousers - Stella McCartney, consignment, Vancouver; last seen here in May under a red tunic
  • Shoes - Chloe, consignment; last worn here in June with my red leopard suit

Castle view! 
It didn't stay very sunny and it wasn't overly hot. 

I knew I wanted to wear it over pants, and I liked the vibe with the cream loafers - these olive-ish spotted silk trousers completed the picture and gave it Swoosh Factor. 
The green sleeveless top is one of those useful small pieces. 

I was reminded how much I like this Ultrasuede dress. It's so soft! It has two huge pockets. And it billows out behind me when I walk. Cue the "Imperial Death March"!
Darth Sheila coming through! Sleeves down for sun protection. 

The stuff: 
The scarf inspired me to wear red lipstick! 

  • Silk scarf - Lanvin, vintage, thrifted
  • Earrings (worn through buttonholes) - vintage 70s, Mom's

Did you notice these clip-on earrings? I wore them clipped through two of the buttonholes on the front for a little extra shiny.

Gold-ish bling: 
I really liked how the necklaces layered. 

  • Eelskin/gold-tone bracelet - vintage 80s, thrifted
  • Gold chain - vintage 80s, gold-by-the-inch, Grandma J's
  • Gold-tone chain - Monet, thrifted
  • Gold-plated pewter and enamel pendant - Robert Larin, vintage 70s, consignment
  • Gold-plated pewter necklace - Robert Larin, vintage 70s, vintage mall, gift from L
  • Gold hoop earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L

Wait a second, something's missing...
There we go.

  • Silver/crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop, Florence
  • Malachite/gold-tone ring - vintage fair

Back tomorrow with Mom-Day - and cat pictures! 

8 comments:

  1. That is a lovely coat dress and it looks great over that top and the silk trousers. The necklaces do pair well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like your silk Stella McCartney trousers and I think this is my favourite Halston dress iteration so far. Works so well against the teal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so luxe to wear, Kezzie. Aw, thank you. I like it with the green too.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous outfit, and I agree with Kezzie that this is by far my favourite styling of the vintage Halston dress! Swooning over those stunning necklaces! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, another vote for "favourite"! Thank you, Ann! I know, I love my gold Larin pieces!

      Delete

Comments are so incredibly special, and I love them and hug them and treasure them forever. Please feel free to tell me what you think!

I'm not currently able to respond to comments, but I will make every effort to answer questions. I do read every single one, and appreciate your comments.

Please note that comments containing affiliate links spam-y sites, spam comments and anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted.

Cheers,
Sheila