Happy weekend, my friends! It has been a weekend full o' surprises on this side of things.
Friday was a good start.
- Cardigan - Gap, thrifted; first worn here in April for Whitehorse
- Dress - A.J. Bari, vintage 80s, thrifted; last worn here (5th outfit) in April 2014 (outrageous!)
- Shoes - Miista; last worn here in early March with matchy
- Belt - Nygard
- Cuff - thrifted
- Lapis lazuli ring and Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
We had Ultimate Frisbee on Saturday, so time to wear another dress!
- Dress - Artistic Taste, flea market; last worn here (3rd outfit) in September 2014
- Shoes - Enzo Angiolini, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) on the same weekend in September 2014 (but a different outfit)
- Cardigan (below) - Bellisima, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) in July 2014 over acid yellow
I needed a cardi for sunblock.
- Belt - vintage fair
One of the errands L and I did was to check out the vintage section at the Patch. We have his birthday party coming up next weekend and the theme is "Rock Star". I got this old squaredance crinoline for my outfit.
Maybe this will help.
Our good friend Chris had open-heart surgery recently, so threw himself an "I'm Alive!" party.
- Dress - Walk In Clozet; last seen here (3rd outfit) in April 2014 with a fur hat
- Shoes - Modern Vintage; last worn here (3rd outfit) in October 2014
- Jacket (below) - Smoking Lily; last seen here (2nd outfit) in June 2014 with a straw fedora
Shiny jacket for the evening chill.
I also spent about 3 hours doing my hair.
|Bathroom selfie - matchy lips and specs!|
- Necklace - Nygard, consignment
- Cuff - Mom's, vintage 60s
- Bracelet - Trifari, vintage 60s, vintage fair
- Earrings - Weiss, vintage 60s, vintage fair
- Spinner rings - Twang & Pearl
- Crystal ring - late 90s
Today, I went grocery shopping and to get some birthday prezzies for L!
- Cardi - Express, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in September 2014
- Top - Costa Blanca, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in June 2014
- Skirt - Le Chateau, consignment; last seen here (3rd outfit) in September 2014, where I contemplated allover grey/purple hair
- Shoes - La Canadienne, consignment; last worn here at the same time as the skirt
here (2nd outfit) in June 2014. What can I say? I like how the pieces all work together.
I got a few looks about the hair - many people commented on it.
- Necklace - Shi Studio
- Earrings - gift from L; local
I bought a couple of more things for my party outfit while shopping for L. This is a junky little black dress.
I fell hard for this sweet little pink cardi-top.
I also spotted this sweet bag at the thrift store.
It's by Banana Republic and was $23.50.
A "Hello!" to the nice lady in the red denim jacket who recognized me from my blog! It's been so long since I've been spotted by a reader - my apologies for being glazed!
Vizzini has missed us while we've been out and about, having our busy weekend. He's been lounging on the deck a lot.
|"What did you do to your hair this time?"|
|"Your mother is going to flip."|
And how was your weekend? Any crazy dye jobs?
I love your hair!! You did it! It looks fantastic, especially messy and with a maxi purple dress. I'm looking forward to seeing how the colour morphs with time.ReplyDelete
I love the citrus but the purple is the winning bossy pants for me in this post. Yowza!
I love your purple hair! It looks fantastic! :)ReplyDelete
I'm looking forward to seeing your rockstar look for the party too!
LOVE the hair! My daughter has had purple hair for a year and we can't go anywhere without someone stopping her to rave about the color. It looks fantastic on you!ReplyDelete
As do all of your clothes!
Loving your hair. I am looking forward to your outfit for L's birthday. Have a great week.ReplyDelete
Your purple hair looks amazing - and how perfectly does it match your glasses and lipstick!ReplyDelete
Love the bright first outfit, and looking forward to seeing the 50s-inspired look you're putting together for L's birthday - that frothy petticoat is lovely! xxx
OMFGOMFOGMFOMG, YOUR HAAAAIR SWOONReplyDelete
It's good to know that the fantastic purple skirt outfit goes equally well with red and with purple hair! I'd wear that outfit to death, lol. It's such a winner. Great closeup shot of you too!! I've matched red hair with rust-red lipstick and red glasses before, but have yet to achieve the purple trinity. It's magnificent!ReplyDelete
Vizzini's remarks are cracking me up. Almost woke my husband with my snickering at the look on his face combined with "your mother is going to flip"...lol
I am totally lusting over the yellow BR snakeskin clutch… what a great find.ReplyDelete
I love the closeup shot of you with the purple hair, glasses and lipstick - you look soooo funky cool. Great purple skirt and sequinned top too. It will be interesting to see the fade - I be you'll look fab with lilac hair too.ReplyDelete