Welcome back, Gentle Reader! L and I enjoyed one of the last quiet weekends for the next two months, and I'm eager to get back to what's left of it, so let's get started, shall we?
Here's Friday's outfit, a playful confection.
Leg curtains, marble print and a camisole on the outside! Heavens!
- Silk camisole - Adagio by Patricia Fieldwalker, not tracked
- Mesh top - Soya Concept; last seen here (2nd outfit) in August with this same skirt
- Tweed/faux fur jacket - no label, thrifted; purchased here for $38.20
- Denim skirt - Free The People, consignment; last worn here (2nd outfit) in August with the same mesh top
- Leather boots - Matisse, consignment; last seen here in March with creepy-crawlies
I laughed when I came back inside from doing the Stair Picture. Look who's in my spot!
And yawning, to boot! Although he does look like he's having a laugh at it all.
I love this silk camisole, but it's too open/sheer/low-cut for my taste to expose, and it's a shame not to show it (the hem is also lace on the sides).
So why not wear it over another top? Who says I can't do this?
I totally whiffed on taking a picture with the jacket on - I didn't think I'd be wearing it as part of the outfit, but I underestimated the office AC.
The full outfit was inspired by the Ralph Lauren runway show at New York Fashion Week, link here ('cause I love) to the WWD slideshow.
The specific look is this one, slide 29:
Right? Jeans and a fur-trimmed jacket? Only mine is faux fur and I thrifted that jacket for less than $40, AND my "jeans" are a patchwork skirt with leg curtains.I walked to and from work like this!
- Leather belt - Brave Belts, thrifted
- Leather purse - Roots, consignment, Powell River
- Silk scarf - Alexander McQueen, consignment, Vancouver
Busy bling:
I've always liked lots of necklaces - the more the merrier!
- Multi-strand necklace - Nine West, thrifted, Sidney
- Semi-precious stones/silver bracelet - Salt Spring Island, gift from L
- Silver/turquoise pendant - Karen's
- Necklace w/crystal - FAC Fifth Avenue Collection, thrifted, Sidney
- Silver/brass earrings - consignment
- Lace cuff - Nashville
- Silver/turquoise ring - consignment
- Silver/smoky topaz ring - Anneli Neumann, Sweden, vintage mall
Our pals Cat and Ross have a reciprocal cat-care deal with me and L. We took care of Mabel this weekend, and I had a rare sighting:
Ooh, she is a good Guard Cat! Very fierce!I'm terrified!
Yes, ma'am, I'll be out of your long hair very soon!
Yes, ma'am, I'll be out of your long hair very soon!
My boys were so happy to see me.
Did you miss me? After a chill evening of board games and music, L and I headed out for brunch at John's Place on Saturday moring, followed by a wee shop and then our weekly groceries.
I felt like wearing all of this - nothing new, just old favourites. This is, however, going to be the last wearing of these sandals.
- Cotton "mummy" jacket - Jean's by Jean Paul Gaultier, vintage 00s, thrifted; last worn here in April with Friday's denim skirt
- Cotton top - Atelier Delphine, thrifted; last seen here in May with teal leopard
- Skirt - Vivienne Westwood Anglomania, FW 2011, consignment; last worn here in June when I met up with Substack reader Terra
- Sandals - Faith Low Reumah, Fluevog; last seen here in May with red and pebbles
I didn't take the jacket off at all, but here's the underneath look.
I like the "step" hem of this cotton top - it shows off the belt nicely. Demonstrating the correct position of the twists in the skirt - they look best in the back.
I liked the gold-printed tights with this outfit - it adds a little bit of fall to the look.
Barnabas coming in for a cat-bomb.
Blurry boy! He's having a good stretch.
I liked the gold-printed tights with this outfit - it adds a little bit of fall to the look.
Barnabas coming in for a cat-bomb.
Blurry boy! He's having a good stretch.
The stuff:
After brunch, we headed over to Ditch Records, Dots and Russell Books (all on the same block) for a browse. After less than an hour on my feet, my dogs were howling. I bought the sandals in 2012 for $54.00 and wore them 23 times - that's $2.35 per wear, and I am totally happy with that.
In addition to saying goodbye to the shoes, I'm also letting go of this wicker bag. I rarely use it, and it doesn't hold things well (no pockets inside).
- Wicker purse - Streetwear Society, thrifted
- Silk scarf - Ralph Lauren, consignment
- Cat/mirror brooch - JJ, vintage 90s, Mom's
Boho bling:
The big belt is so cool. I found myself thinking of my packed-away brass jewelry as I pawed through my accessories - looking forward to having that back!
The big belt is so cool. I found myself thinking of my packed-away brass jewelry as I pawed through my accessories - looking forward to having that back!
- Belt - vintage 70s, consignment
- Eelskin bird bracelet - vintage 80s, consignment
- Brass/copper cuff - Karen's
- Klimt wooden ring - consignment
- Square ring - sidewalk find
- Amber ring - c. 1995
- Leather/bead choker - vintage 70s, Mom's
- Gold hoop earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L
I had a wee browse in Dots, looking for good quality textiles or things that caught my eye.
Honestly, there wasn't much! So many plastic/polyester garments, yuck - they feel so bad. These olive cargo-pants are a cotton/tencel blend and are nice and soft, but still have good weight and structure. They have big zippered pockets, plus two snap pockets on each leg.
I was shocked that the back flap pockets (with snaps) are also REAL. Six pockets??
I was shocked that the back flap pockets (with snaps) are also REAL. Six pockets??
Take my money!
These were actually half off, so $17.49. The original retail is shown on the yellow tag: $88.00.
These were actually half off, so $17.49. The original retail is shown on the yellow tag: $88.00.
I spotted these gloves on their lonesome on top of a display.
Purple? Hello! I like the patent black fingers.
Purple? Hello! I like the patent black fingers.
It looks like I dipped my hand in black paint.
I dug around in the seams until I could verify that they were indeed leather - not bad for $9.95!
While we were gaming, the boys were up to mischief:
I dug around in the seams until I could verify that they were indeed leather - not bad for $9.95!
While we were gaming, the boys were up to mischief:
First, Barnabas jumped up because, duh, it's a BOX.
Whateley didn't like that (he hates Barnabas getting our attention), so he jumped up on the back edge of the chair.
And if Whateley is doing it, then Barnabas has to as well!
Dudes, you are not kittens!
I don't think there is enough room there for you both!
And so Whateley jumped off.
Ha! I love the feet! Sending you all purry vibes and hope you had a great weekend. Thanks for being here!









Love that second skirt and how you styled it. Whatelay is such a character! Posing and yawning in your spot haha. He is getting bored waiting for his pic to be taken.
ReplyDeleteWhat a neat idea, showcasing your silk camisole on top! But of course you can get away with that while more timid mortals might not attempt it. Whateley is hilarious with his yawn, but that Mabel looks like a cat not to be trifled with! I do love that cream jacket with the brunch outfit, it looks great with the rest of the gear. The gloves with the patent leather fingers are amazing, slightly sinister. I recommend wearing them with some of your heavy jewelry and stuff with skulls!
ReplyDelete