I started feeling stuffy at work on Thursday, and popped a Reactine (my usual go-to for allergy season), hoping it would make all my symptoms magically go away until all the freaking flowers stop blooming, Here we go, all ready for work on Friday.
- Jacket - Dolce & Gabbana, thrifted; first worn here (2nd outfit) over Desigual in January
- Sleeveless sweater - Dana Buchman, thrifted; last seen here in November 2017 for a weekend brunch
- Skirt - Serbasar, thrifted; purchased here for $14.95
- Shoes - Fly London; last seen here (2nd outfit) in November 2017 with all greens
- Coat (below) - Samuel Dong, thrifted; last worn here in February
I deliberately spent my entire weekend hiding away from the world, and going outside very minimally. Hence, my "Visible Monday" entry this week, over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style, is actually my awesome Superhero outfit from Thursday, here. Enjoy!
Here's how I really felt.
I lasted just over an hour at work (enough time to get my computer up and running and deal with my 104 emails), then went home and crawled right into bed.
Outerwear - I didn't like how this jacket went over the longer skirt.
- Ring - Scotland, 1996
- Earrings - Stella and Dot, consignment, Vancouver
Because I felt like this new-to-me skirt didn't get a fair shake, I wore it - and the jacket - again on Saturday for brunch with L.
- Jacket - Dolce & Gabanna, thrifted; last seen one whole day ago
- Sleeveless sweater - August Silk, consignment; last worn here in January, layered under a dress
- Skirt - Serbasar, thrifted; worn one day prior
- Boots - Prepare Guide, Fluevog; last seen here (2nd outfit) in October 2017 with cream leather
L and I walked (slowly) to town for brunch, then I did my weekly grocery shop.
I'm not sure if I 100% love this skirt.
It was far too chilly to just wear a wool scarf.
- Scarf - Smoking Lily
- Earrings - 10th anniversary gift from L
- Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
For the rest of Saturday, I read and napped on the couch, exhausted and completely stuffed up. The only useful thing I did was to dust off this two-tiered fancy serving dish.
Instead of food, I wanted to use this dish to bring some order to my cuff/bracelet collection, which has been encroaching on my dresser space.
I'm a visual person; I need to see what I have.
That looks so much nicer!
Saturday marked the first day of our deck door being opened a crack for someone to go out there.
|"Wait, am I going to be locked out here?"|
|"So, I'm not going to get decked? This sun is for me?"|
|"No one says that about me, Woman."|
|"I'm out AND I'm in! Take that!"|
|"Cat, meet Sun."|
|"The sun! The deck! The excitement!"|
|"What? Who, me? I'm just chillin' here."|
|"I am a fierce panther!"|
On a totally different track, one of my youngest fans is Kailani, the daughter of one of my coworkers, Trisha. I have Trish's permission and enthusiastic "Yes!" to post these pictures of her budding fashionista.
In Trisha's words:
Your 7-year-old superfan wanted to share with you what she is wearing today – in her words, “Sheila is going to LOVE this outfit.” I also had to make sure to send you all the information just like in your blog post – notice the “famous” stair picture that we also had to take this morning… I think we have a future blogger in the making (I will make sure she credits you and thanks you for your inspiration when she wins her first Academy Award J).
|"My stair pose is aces!"|
- Tiger sparkle ¾ length sleeve cotton so soft shirt – brand unknown; we cut out the tag as it was TOO itchy – these fabulous sparkles are made by sequence.
- Beautiful grey pleated “swooshy” skirt SO SOFT – note the sparkle waistband – Osh Kosh
- Purple tights with studs for that edgy look – Children's Place
We totally matched our grey skirts from my outfit here on Tuesday!
|Sparkle waistband - check!|
- Kailani accessorizes with socks because she can’t wear jewelry to school – it is too much of a distraction for her ;)
- Today's socks are a stripe/star combo bought at Winners
- Strawberry hair clip
Wow! What a fabulous outfit! Kudos to Kailani on her awesome styling! We can all say we knew her "when." What a Schtar!!
Leaving you with evidence of both my couch-snoozing, and Vizzini's actually being cuddly.
|"Gads, Woman, must you interrupt my nap?"|