Mom and I started a new puzzle, had a yummy lunch, then worked on the puzzle some more. The hours flew by!
I planned my outfit for the weather - the rain started in the mid-afternoon, and was solidly coming down by the time I got home in the early evening.
This bold red jacket is a great rain repeller - and it has four pockets, hooray!
- Thermoplastic jacket - Adidas X Fiorucci, consignment; last seen here in July over a silk pajama top
- Lace top - Lalabobo, consignment; first worn here in August with pink, blue and red
- Mesh leopard top - Dolce & Gabbana, vintage 90s, consignment, Powell River; last seen here (3rd outfit) in May for the Burrito Birthday Bash
- Satin trousers - Calvin Klein 205W39NYC by Raf Simmons, c. 2019, consignment; last worn here in June with ruffles and lavender
- Sneakers - Soul Speed Duesy, Fluevog; last seen here (2nd outfit) in March in a casual Friday vibe (same trousers and belt!)
I took my shoes off at Mom's, as well as the jacket.
I really liked the leopard print mesh with this pineapple lace top. Incognito.
I was buttoned up while outside/on the bus. I was glad of the gloves - it was chilly!
The shoes.
You love them or you hate them. It's okay, I understand.
The stuff:
I took this in the morning, before I left. - Suede purse - Soruka, thrifted, Powell River
- Silk scarf - Halston, vintage 70s, thrifted
- Leather gloves - Ralph Lauren, thrifed
Mixed bling:
I wore the droopy leopard on my lace top - did you spot it?
- Plastic grommet belt - vintage 90s, consignment
- Lace cuff - Nashville, locally made
- Spiky cuff - Jenny Bird, consignment
- Droopy leopard brooch - Parklane, vintage 80s, vintage fair
- Silver/crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop, Florence
- Silver/carnelian ring - thrifted
- Silver/lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
- Gold hoop earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L
Squirrels are in the trees, knocking down acorns.
Whateley and Barnabas are ever-alert. I can still get them to look at me - L and I make a variety of noises to get their attention.
They're adult when they stop paying attention entirely, ha ha!
Gloomy skies as I made my way to Mom's.
I like seeing this little maple's leaves change colour. I realized that you can see through that dead tree in the middle.
The blackberry vines are also getting rusty.
The blackberry vines are also getting rusty.
As does Mom, who showed off her ongoing picture for her neighbours.
She goes through several "practice" versions, experimenting with shading, lines and colour. Still a ways to go, but it's looking great.
"Oh no," I said when I saw our new puzzle.
All that purple and white! After our egg sandwiches and veggies, we went back to our tea and worked on it for another hour-plus! I tried to take this selfie with the puzzle, but missed it - we finished much more!
A good shot of Mom's Maori pendant from New Zealand. Love that teal leopard too!
So good to see you, Mom, thanks for having me over! I love you!
So good to see you, Mom, thanks for having me over! I love you!
I headed out in light rain and made it home before it started really coming down.
I spotted a squirrel in the Garry Oak.
Barnabas, do you see it too?
Nope, just leaves. 













No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are so incredibly special, and I love them and hug them and treasure them forever. Please feel free to tell me what you think!
I'm not currently able to respond to comments, but I will make every effort to answer questions. I do read every single one, and appreciate your comments.
Please note that comments containing affiliate links spam-y sites, spam comments and anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted.
Cheers,
Sheila