This was my Friday work/haircut outfit...which I had to reshoot, as I was in such a rush after work on Friday, my brain said, "NAH, you got this! You already uploaded these!"
As I was deleting the photos from the camera, I realized...No, I had NOT already uploaded them. I got dressed again on Saturday afternoon and redid my photos. Such dedication!
- Mesh top - Mexx, vintage 90s, thrifted; last worn here in July when I met Maria
- Cropped nylon top - Sun Kim, thrifted; last seen here in August with the most maximalist trousers ever
- Nylon skirt - Love Tree, consignment; last worn here in August with my Lalabobo top
- Boots - Soul Speed Fury, Fluevog; last seen here in February for a Mom-Day
- Leather coat (below) - Jeno de Paris, vintage 70s, thrifted; last worn here in March
So these are with my fresh trim and short bangs/fringe, and taken on sunny Saturday, and not on grey and rainy Friday.
Incognito, but really, in the grey rain, you could not miss me!
The stuff:
Some folks are shocked that I wear my leather in the rain.
But it's fine! It dries! And was I ever soaked. This is me arriving at the office.
I hadn't realized it was pouring so hard until I left the house - I quickly threw my scarf from neck-warmer to Movie Star Wrap, keeping my hair dry. You can see that my (pre-cut) bangs were soaked, but the rest of my hair is dry under the silk scarf. Magic!
The stuff:
All the blues and greens. I felt very oceanic.
- Leather purse - Roots, consignment, Powell River
- Silk scarf - Yves Saint Laurent, vintage, thrifted
- Leather gloves - Martin Ria's, vintage 80s, thrifted
- Belt - consignment
The boots got a lot of side-eye, ha ha! They are shockingly bright and massive!
Fishy bling:
You can't have too many blues and greens.
- Turquoise stone bracelet - thrifted, Sidney
- Silver/kyanite ring - consignment
- Silver/green stone ring - thrifted
- Silver/turquoise ring - consignment
- Silver/aventurine ring - consignment
- Sparkly crystal bracelet - vintage 60s, Mom's
- Gold/pearl earrings - Martha Sturdy, vintage fair
- Articulated fish necklace - thrifted
After my haircut, L picked us up Thai food for dinner and we chilled out with board games and kittens till we fell asleep on the couch.
Barnabas back to Leaf Duty. Whateley settled down beside L, then sprawled out.
I was up early on Saturday, and drank coffee and read a book until L left for his Ultimate Frisbee game, and then I played around with this Kenzo x H&M silk dress till it was time to meet him at the field.
Thank you for (once) not showing off your ass, cat.
I was up early on Saturday, and drank coffee and read a book until L left for his Ultimate Frisbee game, and then I played around with this Kenzo x H&M silk dress till it was time to meet him at the field.
It was sunny but chilly out, so I have many layers.
- Sparkly turtleneck - Jacob, thrifted; last worn here in February for Mom-Day (just after her fall)
- Silk dress - Kenzo X H&M 2016, consignment; last seen here in March for shopping with Kim and Rosanna
- Boots - Original Sabado, Fluevog; last worn here in June with a pea dress
- Pleather jacket (below) - Only, consignment; last seen here in June when I met Terra
I've worn this dress nine times in the 4 years since I bought it for $87.00 at Turnabout - it gets an airing every 6 months.
It layers really well, and looks good with a blouse, tee or sweater under it, as well as plain on its own. Incognito.
The stuff:
I stripped everything off in the afternoon for photos, which is when I accidentally deleted most of Friday's pictures. After my retakes, I left it all off, and had a nap!
The pink pleather jacket came out to play - I needed another layer for the wind, even though it was sunny out.
A shot in the hall mirror while I waited for Yvonne to pick me up in the cab to go to Linda's for Winesday.
I added the silk scarf and gloves and was very glad of them late in the evening as we sat out under the full moon in Linda's backyard pergola.I stripped everything off in the afternoon for photos, which is when I accidentally deleted most of Friday's pictures. After my retakes, I left it all off, and had a nap!
Bold bling:
Roses, spiders and a snake.
- Rohesia Belt - Fluevog, gift from L; last worn here in February
- Silver S bracelet - Mexican, consignment, Sidney
- Carved faux cinnabar bangle - consignment
- Silver/onyx sun/moon necklace - Mexican, consignment, Powell River
- Metal roses earrings - Betsey Johnson, swap from Cat
- Silver/onyx spider ring - c. 1986, gift from Mom & Dad
- Silver/obsidian ring - consignment
- Silver snake ring - c. 1985, BC Museum Gift Shop
- Hammered silver ring - consignment, Sidney
- Silver loopy ring - consignment, Sidney
- Spider brooch, vintage mall, gift from L
Me and L outside John's Place Diner.
He's in his post-Ulti gear (workout wear and a Dolphins jersey), but is always styling.Some very spooky-looking tomatoes.
Two neighbourhood black cats (very friendly) visited us while we sat outside.
Two neighbourhood black cats (very friendly) visited us while we sat outside.
Near the end of the night, I noticed that we all looked cool in this credenza mirror.
From left: Linda, me, Vero (in the hat), Tracy's eyeball (just under my pinkie!), Yvonne and Cat.
I found Whateley hiding in the box.
It's still very popular, so it's sticking around for now. Thanks so much for being here, my friends!
















No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are so incredibly special, and I love them and hug them and treasure them forever. Please feel free to tell me what you think!
I'm not currently able to respond to comments, but I will make every effort to answer questions. I do read every single one, and appreciate your comments.
Please note that comments containing affiliate links spam-y sites, spam comments and anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted.
Cheers,
Sheila