Ah, a weekend! What a wonderful thing this is...I hope you'll forgive my absence while I took some much-needed "me" time over the past few days.
I had a good chat with my boss and we're going to make some changes to help me not feel so overwhelmed. I'm happier.Not Dead Yet Style. "Visible Monday"! Be there!
- Jacket - Aldo, thrifted; last seen here in December 2016 with black velvet (that stain never came out)
- Sweater - Hawick of Scotland, consignment; last worn here in December 2017 under green velvet
- Skirt - Oui Set, thrifted; last seen here in November 2017 on a fall day
- Shoes - Big Presence Desmond, Fluevog; last worn here (3rd outfit) in February with pink velvet
- Coat (below) - Denny Rose, consignment; last seen here in February
The sweater is cashmere/wool, and the skirt is a loopy wool boucle (boo-CLAY!). People wanted to touch it.
I adore this gorgeous brocade Bollywood jacket. Every year, it's one of the last pieces to wear, but every year it makes the cut. Did you notice the pink lining peeking out in the stair picture?
Outerwear - all this (*waves hand airily*) made me feel good.
- Scarf - thrifted
- Gloves - thrifted, vintage
The scarf is real fur, and the gloves are leather and lined in cashmere. The hat is vintage and is made of wool. So much Real!
- Necklace - consignment
- Earrings - thrifted
- Amber ring - c. 1996
The ring is not real amber (I don't know what it is). That is a very weird necklace - it has a guy milking a cow on it and a rattlesnake!
I took the afternoon off on Friday - it was hard getting out of the office, but things are incrementally getting easier. Time off will help.
- Jacket - Fake Gucci (Gookey!), thrifted; last worn here in November 2017 in a super-girly outfit
- Sweater - Dalkeith, vintage 60s, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) to the Vintage Fair in November 2017
- Skirt - Kenzo, vintage 90s, thrifted; last worn here (2nd and 3rd outfits) in February 2017 for the VFF Gala and brunch out afterwards
- Shoes - Clarks, consignment; last seen here with mixed plaids in January
- Leather coat (below) - A&S Selections, thrifted; last worn here in February
It was a struggle to get out of work on time, but I did it! Instead of going straight home and napping, I did some retail therapy.
here about "Slow Fashion" and thinking about all the Fakes and Reals I have in my wardrobe. This jacket is 100% fake, but I enjoy it so much.
The skirt is 100% real Kenzo, though.
And it has pockets!
Outerwear - knowing it was going to be cold and/or rainy, I dressed warmly but ready for shopping.
- Bowler - Roberta's Hats
- Scarf - Smoking Lily
- Gloves - Parkhurst
- Earrings - Tanya Gleave, Vancouver
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
I swung by She She Shoes - their retiring sale is now at 50% off, and stocked up on Zohara tights.
here) that my mother-in-law bought me.
I tried on nearly ever shoe in my size that was left and came away with these gold glitter bombs.
These are by Seychelles, and were $45.00.
I also bit and got these Star Wars shoes. They make me happy.
A very 90s/late 00s look to these brogues.
Love the soles.
From She She, I went to Fluevog and drooled all over the new styles, thinking about our anniversary...but I restrained myself and bought Cat's birthday gift card, and proceeded to Flavour Upstairs for a good restorative thrift shop.
I was thrilled to find the chartreuse velvet scarf I passed up a few trips prior.
It's also a Real! Dolce & Gabbana.
Especially because it IS real D&G.
And does it have the hologram?
I knew this skirt was quality from the minute I touched it.
|"You should come over here and pet me."|
It's a Real. 100% silk, made in the US.
When a dress fits, I feel good in it.
It's by Amelia (TM) which I've never heard of.
From Flavour Upstairs, I went to the St. Vincent de Paul...which is closing their downtown location! This saddens me, as I have found many great items there over the years. I had to go in for one last look around. Luck was on my side! I found this lovely sparkly grey shrug.
It was only $6.00 and is by Le Chateau.
This hot pink dress was in the boutique section. It's very stretchy, very shiny and shows everything.
For only $15.00, I call that a yes.
I found a Real in the men's tie section. If L hadn't liked this, I would have kept it.
I should have napped after all that shopping, but instead, I had a half-hour breather, and got changed for a concert at the Alix Goolden Hall - the Wailin' Jennys!
- Jacket - Frank Lymon; first worn here in January with green pleats
- Sweater - J. Crew, thrifted; last worn here in January with culottes
- Jeans - Gap, thrifted; first worn here in January with pinks
- Shoes - Miista; last seen here with this same blue sweater in January
Sure, I've worked over 37 hours of overtime over 12 days straight, been shopping for 3 hours...a concert is a GOOD idea.
This is a Real tired lady.
Nope, done with looking at the camera.
And a scarf and fingerless gloves did not give much warmth.
here on L's blog) with my eyes closed, just listening to them harmonize. It was very soothing, but I was happy to have it over and get home and fall into bed.
A wee bit of a sleep-in on Saturday, then a stroll to town for brunch with L! One of my favourite things!
- Sweater - Gap, thrifted; last worn here in February with lots of purple
- Skirt - Talula Babaton, thrifted; first worn here in January with teal
- Shoes - Truths Makena, Fluevog; last seen here with striped Dries and mustard in January
- Coat (below) - Forever 21, thrifted; last seen here for Valentine's Day in February
Ah well, it was only $18.95 and I wore it twice, so $9.50 a wear.
I want to go back to bed, but I need to get some of this bright light outside.
Outerwear - the Grape Ape! Soon it will be too warm to wear this.
- Gloves - Parkhurst
I went to the Patch, but didn't buy anything, and then wandered to the big WIN store. I spotted this red suede treasure the second I walked in the door.
It's a Holt Renfrew Studio piece, likely from the early 00s.
I found this lovely cuff in the half-price jewelry case.
these pieces I own). It's the same shape as these cuffs on his site and the "pyramid stone" on the left is similar to the one on the marked cuff I have. Cool!
It looks good on, which is what I care about.
This, however, SO Fake.
|"Where did the Woman go?"|
It didn't fool me, but I did some research on it. The price is of course too good to be true - $6.95.
And this the wrong font (the Os are too oval).
I am in love with fedoras right now. This one had me at "hello."
It's by Edward Mann, "Always making fashion news". That is a truly terrible slogan.
This hat was not $8.95 - it was half that, so only $4.50.
I found this lovely top which looks boring on a hanger.
Some nice detail - bra strap holders so that the neckline doesn't slip around.
Because it looks so sucky on the hanger, here it is on me (ignore my "been shopping, had a nap" face).
|"We should go back to bed and nap some more."|
Shockingly, it's a modern piece by Lord & Taylor's 424 Fifth line.
I fell for this silk tulle skirt.
This piece is definitely Real. I had to buy it because of that - I felt like I was the only person who would "get" this jacket.
I like the double pocket action.
I recognize Gianfranco Ferre (I own this skirt by him), and it's rare that you see a piece by him.
I photographed the above clothes on Saturday night (hence the long black leather skirt in the above pics), while I was getting ready for Winesday.
|"Ahoy! Is that Winesday in my future?"|
And so it was! We hung out in Caro's rumpus room (is that a Canadian expression? do you know what that is?), and ate and laughed and drank wine. It was heavenly. I stretched out on the couch, and listened to my dear women, occasionally interjecting.
- Vest - Zara Woman, consignment; last seen here (5th outfit) over the December 2017 holidays
- Sweater - Jean-Paul Gaultier, consignment; last worn here (5th outfit) in that same outfit
- Skirt - Danier Leather, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in December 2016 to see the Sing-A-Long Sound of Music with Mom
- Boots - Lucky Brand, swap from Cat; last seen here in December 2017 on a shopping day
- Coat (below) - Zara, gift from Dominique; last worn here in January
|"Wait, you're going out, again?"|
|"I'd better investigate."|
More bundling with my outerwear, suitable for cabs there and back.
|"I demand you both stay home!'|
- Earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L
One last shot.
Here we go, my friends, another week!