Today was okay. It rained, it's warmer, but I'm feeling cranky and cantankerous. Steer clear!
- Top - Gap, thrifted; purchased here on the weekend for $9.95
- Skirt - Quilaree, consignment; last seen here (3rd outfit) a year ago in Janary 2016
- Fluffy underskirt - H&M, thrifted; I don't track it
- Shoes - Down to Earth Hadfield, Fluevog; last worn here in August with a gone green dress
- Leather trenchcoat (below) - vintage 70s, thrifted
- I wore it with a magenta shirt and pearl tie here in January 2016 (ooh, twice in one month!);
- Before that, with orange, red and blue patterns (including Lacroix) here in November 2015;
- Which followed a Chinoiserie coat and Fluevogs here in June 2015;
- Prior to that was that blue patterned shirt again in December 2014 here;
- Preceded by the Chinoiserie coat again in June 2014 here (my hair's very orange there);
- But not before St. Paddy's Day in March 2014 here;
- And firstly worn here in March 2014 with copper and cropped leather.
I bought it here in February 2014 on consignment at My Sister's Closet for $11.50. So I wore it 9 times, and that's...$1.28 per wear. Pretty good over three years of owning it.
I'm also tossing in the towel with this little fluffy underskirt which I thrifted in October 2014 here (waaaay down) for $5.00. I never wear it without this skirt, and it makes wearing a skirt this short feel more coverage as it's an elasticky snug fit over the hips/thighs
- Upper cuff - vintage 60s, vintage fair
- Lower cuff - vintage 70s, vintage fair
- Earrings - Renoir, vintage 60s, vintage fair
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
Shame you are having one of those days but good for your coworker as she will get a new skirt out of it! You did wear that skirt quite a few times too :)ReplyDelete
Yup, I'm good with the amount of wear, and I was avoiding wear it...that means it's time for it to go.Delete
Oh how great that your co worker will have a new garment ! and for you... its more space for fabulousness, plus you gave that skirt a good run.ReplyDelete
She was thrilled, which I love. :) I know, I was ready to let it go.Delete
I adore both of those pieces, the skirt and fluffy poufy thing! But I know how it feels when you say goodbye to an outfit and don't look back. it feels great to give things to someone else who make treasure it like you once did.ReplyDelete
Love that coat, and those floral shoes. super cool.
I am glad it is warming up! It is here, too, a bit!
Thank you, Elle! I always have the pictures of my outfits if I miss it. Thank you! Yay to warm winter days!Delete
I adore your floral shoes, too!ReplyDelete
Bye bye floofy skirt but the underskirt is gorgeous...
Thank you, my dear! The underskirt isn't wearable on its own - it's just wide elastic.Delete
I'm so sad to say goodbye to that skirt - I really like that nude colour and do wonder if you'd had a complimentary colour of underskirt that you may have kept it...ReplyDelete
The sparkle top fits well and I'll be interested to see it styled with something else.
I'm completely good with giving it up - I'm tired of it. No, I don't a different underskirt would have changed anything - I did wear it without several times. I'm more excited about wearing the top again.Delete