Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Black, White and Blue For Showing Off the Shoes

I built this outfit around the shoes, as you may have surmised from the post title. 
I've had many clothes and shoes in this baby blue colour over the years, but I don't have many right now.

  • Striped cotton top - Marimekko, consignment; last worn here (3rd outfit) in June for dinner out with L's mum/boyfriend
  • Pebble-print tee - Marimekko X Uniqlo, consignment; last seen here in April with Weird Adidas
  • Pants - Akris Punto, consignment; last worn here in April with ginormous sleeves
  • Sneakers - Converse, consignment, Powell River; purchased here for $79.00

So I figured I'd just wear blue with it! I started with the striped Marimekko top, then wanted another layer over that...so why not ANOTHER Marimekko top? 
I liked how the cropped pants showed off the shoes, and I just embraced all the patterns. Black and white goes with everything! 

Incognito. 
I rode the bus home looking just like this, only with my spiky black backpack on. Heh. 

The stuff: 
I put sport insoles in the shoes, but they still feel high and by the end of the day my feet were feeling it. But they were really fun to wear and I love feeling so tall in them! 

  • Fake leather hat - Babaton, consignment

Blue bling: 
Lots of circles. 

  • Lucite/silver bracelet - Alexis Bittar, consignment, Vancouver
  • Steel cuff - Lakeland Art Metal Works, thrifted
  • Crystal necklace - thrifted
  • Silver/aquamarine Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
  • Silver/lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
  • Venetian glass earrings - local

I'll be back with Mom-Day tomorrow! 

1 comment:

  1. I love how you build an outfit. You're rocking it Sheila! Judith from Ottawa

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so incredibly special, and I love them and hug them and treasure them forever. Please feel free to tell me what you think!

I'm not currently able to respond to comments, but I will make every effort to answer questions. I do read every single one, and appreciate your comments.

Please note that comments containing affiliate links spam-y sites, spam comments and anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted.

Cheers,
Sheila