Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Birthday Week! The Leaves are Turning Yellow

I was so happy to have this wonderful jacket back in my closet - I immediately paired it with things I've worn it with before.
The newest addition is the yellow cotton blouse. It has enormous sleeves! 

  • Wool/silk blazer - Julie Haus, Fall 2011 RTW Collection, thrifted; last seen here in November 2025 with a swooshy skirt (worn only once)
  • Cotton top - Zara, consignment; last worn here (2nd outfit) in September for Mom-Day in Sidney
  • Crinkle skirt - Oska, consignment; last seen here in September with ruffles and Mom's vest that went to Jess
  • Shoes - Wonders Ayers, Fluevog; last worn here in February with my $1,000-dollar sweater (and this same skirt)

It reminded me of the pops of yellow in some of the trees as the leaves turn and start to drop. 
I shoved the sleeves up on the jacket to let the cuffs peek out. 

Showing my brooches. 
And the asymmetrical lapel, a detail I love. 

Incognito! 
It was foggy all morning, then lovely and almost sunny on the walk home. This was just right. 

The stuff: 
Soft fall olives. 

  • Silk scarf - Echo, thrifted
  • Wool fingerless gloves - Parkhurst
  • Spike brooch - gift from Alison
  • Shovel brooch - vintage 70s, Mom's
  • Mink/pearl brooch - vintage, thrifted

Olive bling: 
I found a little box with a few belts in it while I was digging in my tights - I'd forgotten about this cool link belt. 

  • Belt - Suzy Roher, thrifted
  • Stone bangle - consignment
  • Green stone bracelet - vintage mall
  • Brass rings x 2 - vintage mall
  • Necklace - Plum, c. 2004
  • Earrings - thrifted, Seattle

Sorry, no kitty pictures today - they were very naughty this morning and tore down one of my solar light strings on the deck (they bit right through it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so incredibly special, and I love them and hug them and treasure them forever. Please feel free to tell me what you think!

I'm not currently able to respond to comments, but I will make every effort to answer questions. I do read every single one, and appreciate your comments.

Please note that comments containing affiliate links spam-y sites, spam comments and anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted.

Cheers,
Sheila