Sunday, August 16, 2026

Bigass Weekend Wrap-Up: Friday Office Pajamas; Snaky Patchwork Brunch; Suede Mermaid and a Long Bomber for Nick's Party

Welcome back, my friends! I hope you've had a wonderful weekend, full of good times! I know I certainly have, and I can't wait to show you.
Second wearing of this silk double-breasted blouse, and I treated it like a topper layer, instead of a shirt.

  • Silk blouse - Alfred Sung Sport, vintage 80s, thrifted; first seen here in July with a denim mermaid skirt
  • Tie-neck sweater - Anne Klein, vintage 90s, thrifted; last worn here in April with a dragonscale skirt
  • Pants - Cambio, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in April for hosting Winesday
  • Leather shoes - Chloe, consignment; last worn here in July with my Darth duster (aka Halston Ultrasuede shirtdress)

I liked it with the casual nylon cargo pants (there's a giant pocket on one leg).
I added my matching cream loafers to keep it office-appropriate. 

Incognito: 
Done up and sleeves down for walking to and from work. 

The stuff: 
I love these shoes, which surprises me, since I dislike loafers. They're just a little weird, you know? 

  • Hat - Babaton, consignment

Gold-tone bling:
Only Grandma's necklace (worn as a bracelet) is real gold. 

  • Gold-by-the-inch chain - vintage 80s, Grandma J's
  • Crystal bracelet - thrifted
  • Wooden Klimt ring - consignment
  • Amber ring - c. 1996
  • Earrings - thrifted

I let go of the earrings - off to Limbo! - as I never wear them, and actually forgot all about them.

L and I had takeout Thai food for dinner after work, then chilled with the boys for the evening, playing board games. 
They can never get enough playtime, and there was much tearing about! 

We all slept in on Saturday, then met up with Nick for brunch at John's Place. I missed a week, and it felt like forever! 
I'd hoped to wear my new-to-me faux-fur-trimmed jacket, but it was too warm out. I would have worn it with this outfit, though! 

  • Mesh top - Soya Concept; last worn here in June as a funky pirate
  • Denim patchwork skirt - Free the People, consignment; last seen here in April with the mummy jacket
  • Sandals - Lucky Brand; last worn here in June with this same mesh top

I layered an olive green camisole under the top, and wee shorts under the denim skirt. 
I realized I had a theme going: snake belt, snake print shoes...

Snake print purse! 
We had a lovely big lunch, then L and I did our weekly grocery shop. 

The stuff: 
What was that theme again? 

  • Leather purse - Margot New York, thrifted
  • Leather belt - Notes du Nord, thrifted
  • Leather sandals - Lucky Brand, The Bay

Snaky bling: 
The more, the merrier! 

  • Snake coil bracelet - Whiting & Davis, vintage 70s, vintage fair
  • Leather/chain bracelet - Jenny Bird, consignment
  • Snake necklace - vintage 90s, vintage expo
  • Silver snake ring - BC Museum gift shop, 1985
  • Silver/gold/amethyst snake ring - vintage fair
  • Earrings - thrifted, Seattle

I had a nice long nap on Saturday afternoon (I am not a good sleeper in general). 
Looks like Barnabas could use one too. 

Whateley is almost asleep. 
I see you sneaking a peek at me, buddy. 

Aw, that face.
Such a sweet boy. He slept on the bed with me while I napped. 

And then it was time to get ready for Nick's birthday party! You might remember the Party Boy action from last year here, from August 2025.
While I still had my "Party Boy" t-shirt, I decided this was the perfect opportunity to wear this new-to-me suede dress that I found back in June. 

  • Suede dress - Kitsch Boutique, vintage 00s, consignment; purchased here for $62.00
  • Long bomber jacket - AMT (Above Mediocre Taste), consignment; last worn here in April with sequined sneakers
  • Sandals - Via Spiga, consignment; last seen here in July with chartreuse and brown for Mom-Day

I thought it might be too warm for it, but it cooled off quite a lot while I was sleeping.
I played around with my shoes until I landed on the right ones. 

It's still August - I didn't want a visually heavy or closed shoe. 
Whateley "helping." Showing off the pockets! 

I wore the dress around the house for a while, and felt chilled, so I added this long bomber.
It has no pockets (outrageous!) but it's perfect for wearing on a summer night at a party. 

I swanked around in it once the sun went down. 
I explained to a lot of people what it actually was. It's a bomber jacket. 

Only REALLY long. 
My purse was basically abandoned at the door once we arrived at Greg and Rosanna's house. Much gratitude to our pal Casey for driving us there and back!

The stuff: 
The sandals were perfect for standing around till 1am scarfing down chocolate and cheese and chatting. 

Bold bling: 
The usual suspects. 

We'd noticed what we thought was a roof ornament when we arrived, only to quickly discover...it was a real owl! 
Me, Ali, Shelley and Rosanna with the camera. 

Wait, I want to take some pics too.
Getting my phone out of my pocket. 

I was more transfixed by watching the owl than taking pictures. 
I hope Rosanna got some good ones. 

We went to the front yard after this to get a better shot. 
See how close she is to the party on the deck? 

Look over here, please! 
She ruffled her feathers and soared off over the yard, landing on a distant Garry Oak. So very cool. 

And now, off to enjoy my Sunday with my fam.
These two have been racing around and wrestling. 

All tuckered out. 
Whateley, perhaps a little LESS relaxed? 

Wishing you all a lovely weekend! Thank you so much for being here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so incredibly special, and I love them and hug them and treasure them forever. Please feel free to tell me what you think!

I'm not currently able to respond to comments, but I will make every effort to answer questions. I do read every single one, and appreciate your comments.

Please note that comments containing affiliate links spam-y sites, spam comments and anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted.

Cheers,
Sheila