I'm just glad I looked half decent, ha ha.
- Ruched mesh top - no label, thrifted; last worn here in May with olive and teal leopard
- Vest - Times Seven Todd Oldham, vintage 90s, thrifted, Sidney; first seen here in June with a red skirt and big sleeves
- Silk skirt - Essentiel Antwerp, consignment, Powell River; last worn here in June for L's birthday trip to Sidney
- Leather/wood shoes - Summertime Moonbeams, Fluevog, consignment; last seen here in May with sequins and a denim mermaid skirt
Today was HOT, like up to 30+ degrees. Yes, I roasted in this when I was outside.
But I was mostly in my AC'd office, so I was actually okay.
The sheer top protected me from the sun on the way to work, and I have cotton shorts under the light-as-a-feather silk skirt.
I loved wearing this vest again. Incognito.
The stuff:
It was pleasantly cool on the way to work, but I was very happy to get on the cold-air-blowing bus on the way home.
The stuff:
I wore these to walk to work, and to stroll down to meet Troy at Block (I had a gift card, so bought us dinner).
- Silk bug scarf - Smoking Lily, 1997, wedding shower gift from Janet
- Bee brooch - gift from Megan Mae
- Heart brooch - consignment
I wore these in the office all day.
They're good for office work. Walking? Not so much. Gold-toned bling:
Only the amethyst ring is real.
Only the amethyst ring is real.
- Tile/mesh bracelet - vintage 70s, Mom's
- Crystal bracelet - thrifted
- Gold/amethyst ring - Francis Jewelers, c. 1965, Dad's
- Amber ring - c. 1996
- Necklace - Givenchy, vintage 80s, vintage fair
- Earrings - vintage fair
Some pictures from last night's Book Club:
We were at Fathom, the restaurant at the Hotel Grand Pacific. It was fairly empty out on the lower street-level patio. I had a view of the Coho ferry, which is just pulling into the Black Ball Ferry docks here.
See the red smokestack and the Canada flag? I also see the windows on the left.
See the red smokestack and the Canada flag? I also see the windows on the left.
Rosanna zoomed in.
She went online later that night and verified it.
A screenshot from my phone - she thought for sure it was an American Dipper.
I checked my Merlin app - "Not in Victoria today"! Rosanna's online group chat all verified that's what it was - they thought that the water feature in front of the hotel must've had a lot of insects for it to eat.
I happily added it to my Life List!
A couple of hours later...the Coho pulled out again, heading back to Port Angeles, in Washington.
We all joked that the dipper came over on it from the US.
We all joked that the dipper came over on it from the US.
The old Steamship terminal.
Jennifer gave out our next book, "Leviathan Wakes" - this is what the TV show "The Expanse" is based on although I have not seen that.
I'm excited to read it - it's a massive book, but looks like a romp.
I'm excited to read it - it's a massive book, but looks like a romp.
I had a very stingy salad for dinner, followed by this chocolate thing.
Was very good, did not share.
Was very good, did not share.
Me and five of us - we missed Ciara and Caro.
From left: Me, Cat, Yvonne, Mindy, Rosanna and Jennifer.
From left: Me, Cat, Yvonne, Mindy, Rosanna and Jennifer.
I came home and played with the boys, although they don't have much energy in this heat.
We call this "Fishing for kitties." A glorious sunset!
I hope it'll be cooler tomorrow.













No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are so incredibly special, and I love them and hug them and treasure them forever. Please feel free to tell me what you think!
I'm not currently able to respond to comments, but I will make every effort to answer questions. I do read every single one, and appreciate your comments.
Please note that comments containing affiliate links spam-y sites, spam comments and anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted.
Cheers,
Sheila