She found this lovely Indian cotton printed top at a boutique near her grocery store, and treated herself to this, some socks and another top. And then it was time to treat herself to some new shoes and a decent computer chair! It's an adventure!
I dressed for a hot day, when I knew I'd be carrying boxes and doing physical stuff.
Ready to hop on a bus out to Mom's.
Barnabas, you can't stop me by laying there. I do have to rub that tum, though.
I dressed for a hot day, when I knew I'd be carrying boxes and doing physical stuff.
For me, that looks like a t-shirt, comfy shoes and a shiny bronze pleated skirt. You do you!
- Denim jacket - 500 Maison Cinqcent, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in June with velvet trousers
- Public Enemy t-shirt - tour merch; not tracked
- Silk-blend skirt - Ralph Lauren, consignment; last seen here in June with much denim plus sneakers
- Duckie shoes - Catalyst Shapers, Fluevog; last worn here in June when I met up with Substack pal Terra
By the end of the day I was a sweaty mess, but I started out pretty good.
My little "helpers." I wore little sheer sparkly socks with the shoes, and wee shorts under the swooshy skirt.
And then a jacket. It was far too hot for it, but I prefer physical sunblock.
I loved the puffed shoulders contrasted with the more masculine pieces, like the shoes (which are men's) and the belt.
Ready to hop on a bus out to Mom's.
Barnabas, you can't stop me by laying there. I do have to rub that tum, though.
The stuff:
I wore three brooches on the jacket - did you spot them all? The spider is on my shoulder!
I wore three brooches on the jacket - did you spot them all? The spider is on my shoulder!
- Leather purse - Aimee Kestenberg, thrifted, Powell River
- Spider brooch - vintage mall, gift from L
- Star pin - consignment
- Snake brooch - gift from Mom & Dad, 1984
The stuff:
- Studded belt - Madewell, consignment
- Silver/onyx cube bracelet - Mexican, consignment, Sidney
- Silver/gold cuff - JLA, vintage fair
- Silver/onyx thin bracelet - consignment, Sidney
- Grommet belt - gift from Ruth
- Earrings - Chan Luu, consignment
- Silver snake ring - BC Museum Gift Shop, 1985
- Silver snake ring - gift from Mom & Dad, 1986
- Leather chains bracelet - Jenny Bird
Oops, I missed something.
My necklaces!
- Two-tone with crystal - FAC, Fifth Avenue Collection, thrifted, Sidney
- Silver Celtic S pendant - gift from Mom & Dad, UK
My helpers were out in full force this morning.
"Tub inspection, ma'am." "I'm on the toilet!"
What are you two up to?
"Nothing at all." "We're going to knock all your lipsticks into the recycling basket!"
As I got off the bus downtown to head out to Mom's, I ran into our buddy Zeb (in the blue), who told me he was meeting up with Nick and Casey to go disc-golfing at course north of town.
Get out! We're on the same bus! It was lovely having bus buddies! I hope you scored lots of nets!
Get out! We're on the same bus! It was lovely having bus buddies! I hope you scored lots of nets!
Mom finished one of the pictures for her neighbours, to thank them for helping her during her fall and recovery back in February.
It looks awesome! I can't wait to hear what they say!
It looks awesome! I can't wait to hear what they say!
Mom and I headed to DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse) as there was a big sale, and she was jonesing for some new Sketchers. Poor Mom hasn't been shopping since we went to Laura back here in September 2025!
After DSW, we went to Staples and bought Mom a proper computer chair (she'd been using a patio chair - appalling!). We had a yummy (and huge!) lunch at Red Robin afterwards, then went back to her house where I put the chair together in the garage (a very sweaty endeavour).
Who has a wonderful daughter who put that chair together for you?? That's right, you do!
We narrowed it down to these pairs. Which ones are your favourites, Mom?
After DSW, we went to Staples and bought Mom a proper computer chair (she'd been using a patio chair - appalling!). We had a yummy (and huge!) lunch at Red Robin afterwards, then went back to her house where I put the chair together in the garage (a very sweaty endeavour).
Who has a wonderful daughter who put that chair together for you?? That's right, you do!
Let's show your fans what you bought, Madam Treat-Yourself! Queen!
Those are her blue bamboo socks, a modal pinky-orange top, pink runners, blue/mint/lavender runners, white (with pale blue piping) sneakers, and navy blue with a sparkly piping. So many sneakers!
Mom was all full of adrenaline after all that fun, but I bet she'll be having a solid night's sleep! I'm so glad to be part of it - I love you, Mom!
And now, off to start the weekend. Only one more day of work.
"What is this "work" you speak of?"
Right? I wish I could stay home and nap too.
"Yes, stay with me. Rub my tum."
I'm signing off now, but I'll be back on Sunday with tales of adventure! Thanks so much for being here.












No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are so incredibly special, and I love them and hug them and treasure them forever. Please feel free to tell me what you think!
I'm not currently able to respond to comments, but I will make every effort to answer questions. I do read every single one, and appreciate your comments.
Please note that comments containing affiliate links spam-y sites, spam comments and anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted.
Cheers,
Sheila