This is Tuesday's work outfit, and what I wore to the season opener at the Belfry Theatre.
I hadn't yet worn this skirt this season, nor the boots!
- Denim peplum jacket - Plu++ Pluslavie, consignment; last seen here in June for a bronzy brunch
- Cotton turtleneck - Zara, consignment; last worn here in May layered under a multi-colour Marni top
- Cotton pouffy skirt - All Saints, gift from Dominique; last seen here (2nd outfit) in October 2025 with pink boots and a cropped pink blazer
- Leather-front boots - Stuart Weizmann, consignment; last worn here to Mom's on a rainy March day
It was a lovely morning.
Sun coming up over the Castle.
I took the jacket off at work after getting sweaty from going up the stairs to the office (many floors! good cardio!).
I also had the jacket off at dinner later that night. Always up for a cuddle in the morning.
And you can see the uneven hem of the pouffy skirt, AND the big weird peplum of the heavy denim jacket.
And you can see the uneven hem of the pouffy skirt, AND the big weird peplum of the heavy denim jacket.
The stuff:
Bold bling:
I don't usually undo the mesh bracelet - it slips off without using the clasp.
I got home late and crashed on the couch with L, and it was hard getting up on Wednesday for work.
Not including the boots - they're better seen on my legs.
- Leather purse - Club Monaco, thrifted
- Silk scarf - Krizia, thrifted
- Studded leather gloves - Danier Leather
- Lemon-lime crystal brooch - vintage 50s, Gram S's
- Star pin - consignment
- Leather/metal belt - Mudd, vintage 90s, thrifted
I meant to wear the matching sparkly earring to match Gram's brooch - slipping them through the buttonholes in my flipped-back cuffs. Next time!
I don't usually undo the mesh bracelet - it slips off without using the clasp.
- Green stone bracelet - vintage mall
- Silver mesh bracelet - Mexican, consignment, Sidney
- Silver poison ring - Karen's
- Silver/smoky topaz ring - Anneli Neumann, Sweden, vintage mall
- Crystal earrings - thrifted, Seattle
- 3-length necklace - Stella & Dot, thrifted
A shaky selfie of all eight of us at the Fernwood Inn for dinner.
From left: Nancy, Cat, Yvonne, Rosanna, Greg, Randall, me, and Caro. We had a great time at dinner then tromped over to the Belfry to see "Women of the Fur Trade," which was excellent, a great start to the season. Read about it here, link 'cause I love.
Cat and I walked home together, and then parted ways.
The waxing moon looked so spooky over the trees and old Victorian houses. I'd had this outfit ready to go from my weekend planning session. I really wanted to style up these new cargo pants again to see if I could make them work.
- Leather studded jacket - Michael Kors, consignment; last seen here in May with dark leopard and olive
- Top - Garcia, consignment; last worn here in April with orange leopard and the same shoes
- Pants - Apricot; first seen here a week ago with pumpkin bugs
- Shoes - Go Groovy Aubrey, Fluevog; last worn here in June with my butterfly-zebra blazer
I embraced the high waist, wore a belt, tucked my shirt in and wore a cropped jacket.
And the proportions are better...but they are not me. Off they go! I'm also done with this orange tee. It's been fun, but I don't really LOVE this image. And the back is clingy t-shirt material.
I wore it six times and paid $15 for it back in 2022. I'm good with that!
I'm also done with this leather jacket. Yes, it has studs, and they go all the way around.
But I have many black jackets, and this just doesn't feel like me anymore. I wore it 11 times, which is more than I thought, and while those were all fabulous outfits, they also feel very office-y. I can always change my mind!
The stuff:
I've also moved the scarf into the Limbo pile. I rarely reach for it.
- Silk scarf - Metropolitan Museum of Art, thrifted
- Eelskin belt - Yves Saint Laurent, vintage 80s, thrifted
- Leather gloves - consignment
The shoes are still good! They're very comfortable.
Warm bling:
I like all these colours.
- Carved faux cinnabar bangle - consignment
- Agate bangle - consignment
- Leather choker - vintage 70s, Mom's
- Silver earrings - Israeli, consignment
- Silver Anneke and Lars ring - vintage mall
- Silver/stone square ring - thrifted
- Silver loopy ring - consignment, Sidney
The bangles have nice weight. Everything here stays!
Sleepy boys.
Barnabas is a die-hard deck fan. I'll be back tomorrow with Mom-Day, stay tuned!




I like the perky look of the Tuesday outfit, all elements working together very well and the belt is great with it. The Wednesday outfit goes together well, but I can see that the image on the tee shirt is too tame for Sheila!! The scarf covers it up nicely. I like the leather jacket, too, but I guess you have enough other jackets to be able to let it go.
ReplyDeleteIt's my favourite of the two, by far! Yeah, I kept the top due to the colour, but it's just "meh" for me otherwise. It's a good jacket, but it's very snug, and it's also very office-y. I might take it back!
DeleteWonderful pizzazz for the Belfry (Hello Sheila's Friends and Co-Belfry attendees!) Despite your change of heart with the orange tee I like the tee-pants-accessories combo for the color and the absolute look of comfort it evokes. :-) Ah, I completely understand Whateley's dislike of the morning chill, we have that here as well and it motivates Fred to turn on the heat pump (aka mini-split) for 15-20 minutes these past mornings to take the chill out of the air. Here's to fun with your Mom tomorrow. Cheers, Laurie
ReplyDeletePS That was a wonderful spooky-moon Victorian-mood photo!
DeleteLove the ever-alert cat photo and the next big-eyed What's She Doing one. Animals are notoriously hard to photograph and you do an excellent job.
ReplyDeleteHow fabulous is your pouffy skirt outfit!
ReplyDeleteLoving the spooky waxing moon photo. Well captured, Sheila! xxx
Love that pouffy skirt and peplum jacket and boots all together creating Fabulousness!, and love those neon-citron details and accessories ( I have a weakness for neon/limegreen!) because those are fab accessories indeed!
ReplyDeleteAlso lovely colour combo matching those shoes and tshirt, sorry that proportions did not work for you, sometimes it's difficult to style those strangely shaped trousers!, but it's great to play with them and try new things!
besos