I felt like getting in another wearing of this velvet and silk tunic.
It won't stay out for fall/winter - that black pattern is all velvet. Can you imagine the Velvet Rage?
The last time I wore this tunic, I layered a bright orange camisole under it.
This time, it's a matching lemon yellow cotton tank (not tracked, but it's an Eileen Fisher).
I loved wearing this licorice black skirt again - it just hangs straight, with no clinginess at all, and it's SO stretchy!
The lemon yellow Docs made me feel strong, which I needed, as I was absolutely slammed at work, missing my lunch and working an extra half hour. Gah, expense reports at year-end! - Silk scarf - vintage, thrifted
Bold bling:
I wore the same necklace the last time I wore that top.
- Silver/Lucite bracelet - Alexis Bittar, consignment, Vancouver
- Green stone bracelet - vintage mall
- Silver/obsidian ring - consignment
- Silver loopy ring - consignment, Sidney
- Silver/smoky topaz ring - Anneli Neumann, Sweden, vintage mall
- Hammered silver ring - consignment, Sidney
- Fingerprint earrings - Daisung Kim, MoMA, thrifted
- Pewter necklace - Robert Larin, vintage 70s, thrifted, Sidney
Kitties wrestling! They are silent and there are no claws.
They tumble all over the floor. L and I hung out on Friday night, playing games and chilling with the boys, then he was up early for his Ultimate Frisbee game, and I played around in my closet, building some outfits for the coming week, and getting ready for brunch at John's Place afterwards.
I've been waiting for it to be cool enough to layer this thin cotton sweater under the dress. Finally!
A better look at the sequined plaid.
I've never layered anything under it before - what was I waiting for?
The blue tights were not this BLUE in real life.
After brunch we did our weekly grocery shop. - Leather knapsack - vintage, thrifted
- Leather gloves - Echo, consignment
- Wool "Scardigan" - Mister Ease, vintage 50s, thrifted
The scarf belongs to L (I bought it for him years ago) - it's by 1950s dressing gown company Mister Ease by Rochester, and it has a small buttoned pocket at each end, and it buttons together at the front, giving you a flat scarf covering with two pockets! Amazing!
Black bling:
Whateley's on one side of the couch...
I'm feeling ready for fall, can you tell?
- Leather cuff - Guess, thrifted
- Studded leather cuff - vintage 90s
- Silver/onyx spider ring - 1986, gift from Mom & Dad
- Silver snake ring - 1986, BC Museum Gift Shop
- Hammered silver ring - consignment, Sidney
- Jet/crystal necklace - vintage 50s, Grandma J's
- Crystal earrings - thrifted
Checking in on Whateley before I headed down to meet L at the field.
What a sweet boy.
And Barnabas REALLY wanted to be picked up and cuddled.
He just goes fully limp - and he's a solid boy! Helping us while we hang out.
We had our pals Cat and Ross over for a rousing game of Arkham Horror - we won!
Whateley and Barnabas "helped" L and Ross. Well, that's all I got this weekend! Hope you had a lovely one - thank you so much for being here.








No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are so incredibly special, and I love them and hug them and treasure them forever. Please feel free to tell me what you think!
I'm not currently able to respond to comments, but I will make every effort to answer questions. I do read every single one, and appreciate your comments.
Please note that comments containing affiliate links spam-y sites, spam comments and anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted.
Cheers,
Sheila