Monday, August 17, 2026

Weird Adidas Over Pleats

 Monday again? I wore one of my backwards hangers dresses, layering it with a Weird Adidas piece.

I enjoyed the clash of patterns. 

  • Dress - Uniqlo X Claire Waight Keller, thrifted; last worn here in January with a bad black blouse
  • Nylon bomber jacket - Adidas X Farm Rio, consignment; last seen here in April with tulle and Marimekko
  • Shoes - Sol Sana; last worn here in June with a Bad Blouse

I layered a plain black cami under the dress, and wore the jacket over it all day. 
The jacket's leafy jungle pattern includes a dark green that worked well with the blue and green pattern of the dress. 

The "leopard" is actually the letters of Adidas. Clever! 
I enjoyed deploying all these swooshy pleats again.

Incognito.
I actually wore it zipped up like this for most of the day - the office was chilly! 

The stuff: 
Good heels - they are completely comfortable. 

  • Amber/gold ant brooch - consignment

The brooch covered the Adidas logo on the jacket! 

Orange bling: 
Some favourites. 

  • Orange triangle bangle - consignment, Sidney
  • Steel/Lucite ring - Calvin Klein, thrifted
  • Orange plastic cuff/ring - Italian, vintage mall
  • Earrings - Justine Clenquet, consignment, gift from L 

I was reminded anew that I like these earrings. Oh, yeah! 

Random kitty pictures. Whateley looking out the bedroom window. Is it a deer?
"No, people shouting."


I could hear Barnabas before I saw him. The boys like to whack at this when they're hungry. 
"Feed me! Or the ball gets it!"

Better feed the beasts! 

5 comments:

  1. I'm liking your outfit with its clash of patterns very much indeed. And how clever is that Adidas leopard: I wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ensemble, that weird adidas over pleats is a fab styling, love the mixed prints, the colours and the jelly orange bijouterie, which totally makes a difference!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful maxi dress! The orange bling is gorgeous.

    Whateley is adorable looking out the bedroom window with those big green eyes. Cats love to look out of the window.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of two (maybe more?) dresses in the same style, different colors that I always appreciate when you wear them. The drape is relaxing while being flattering, the style lends itself to layering over a top or not, and the overall effect is relaxing to my psyche! Plus hearts out for all your orange bling. 🧡
    I now find my 'cat loving' spread around between Barnabas & Whateley🐱🐱, Robin's two 🐱🐱 and our grandchildren's two. 🐱🐱Cheers, Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so incredibly special, and I love them and hug them and treasure them forever. Please feel free to tell me what you think!

I'm not currently able to respond to comments, but I will make every effort to answer questions. I do read every single one, and appreciate your comments.

Please note that comments containing affiliate links spam-y sites, spam comments and anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted.

Cheers,
Sheila