Wednesday, August 19, 2026

A Backdrop for Grandma's Copper

Today's outfit was based around my original set of copper jewelry that my Grandma J gave me back in 1986. 
I wanted to wear this copper belt as well, and built the outfit around that.

  • Hemp blouse - Sure 1032, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in June for brunch and Winesday
  • Skirt - Attitude, vintage 90s, consignment; last worn here (3rd outfit) in May for our Spring Burrito Birthday Bash
  • Canvas/leather boots - Donald J. Pliner, consignment, Sidney; last seen here (3rd outfit) with the same skirt in May

I was interviewed by a jewelry writer about Grandma's jewelry (link here, totally safe, no ads!), isn't that cool? I had to show it off, and needed a backdrop.
This hemp top has the perfect neckline for her necklace, and the skirt has an orange iridescence that goes with all of my copper. 

Incognito. 
I loved wearing this skirt again - I play with the creases and folds in it. 

The stuff: 
I last wore the boots and skirt together, along with this scarf. When you have a winning combo, wear it again! 
  • Silk scarf - Banana Republic, consignment
  • Copper belt - Renoir, vintage 50s, vintage fair

The copper belt made me sit up straight! 

Copper bling: 
It's always good to wear my copper. It warms up and is very comforting to wear. 

  • Copper/enamel cuff - Matisse by Renoir, vintage 60s, vintage fair
  • Copper cuff - Renoir, vintage 50s, Grandma J's
  • Copper necklace - vintage 50s, Grandma J's
  • Copper/enamel earrings - Matisse by Renoir, vintage 60s, Grandma J's
  • Copper ball ring and copper/glass ring - both vintage, consignment
  • Copper/turquoise ring - vintage, Grandma J's

Speaking of comforting...
Whateley's lurking in the background. 

I found this picture on the camera when I uploaded my photos. 
L took it before I was up. Aw, cute kittens! 
















4 comments:

  1. Wow, the copper is so fantastic with that skirt! 🤩

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that delightfully matchy ensemble, the teal&iridescent orange skirt looks so fab with those matchy boots and So Fabulous Copper Jewellery. Even more fabulous because of its story and feelings attached. So lovely to wear something inherited and remember good moments.
    Looking particularly gorgeous, dear Sheila!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your copper jewellery is beautiful. The pieces your grandmother gave you are so precious...and the ones you acquired along the way are wonderful as well. The copper belt is so unique and eye-catching. Love the skirt, the top and the boots combo. Everything matches so well.
    The cats are always comforting, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen the skirt before but never fully appreciated the orange toning in it! This is one of those comfortable looking, cool, just-right outfits that you manage to put together with 'just right' embellishments (cue the copper jewelry and fabulous boots!) Cheers, Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so incredibly special, and I love them and hug them and treasure them forever. Please feel free to tell me what you think!

I'm not currently able to respond to comments, but I will make every effort to answer questions. I do read every single one, and appreciate your comments.

Please note that comments containing affiliate links spam-y sites, spam comments and anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted.

Cheers,
Sheila