Monday, September 28, 2026

Pop-Art and Tulle

Hello, my friends! Monday came around far too fast, but fortunately, I was prepared! 
Favourite things that I have worn together before, although maybe not this exact mix. 

  • Sequined cardigan - Desigual, consignment; last worn here in December 2025 with bold stripes
  • Sleeveless sweater - Anne Klein, vintage 90s, thrifted; last seen here in August with office pajamas
  • Tulle skirt - Adidas, consignment; last worn here in August for a Mom-Day at Elk Lake
  • Boots - F-Trip Warhol, Fluevog; last seen here in February with black velvet and a gone suede jacket
  • Suede coat (below) - Danier Leather, consignment; last worn here in October 2025??

I'm starting to eye my light sweaters again - I kept this cardigan out but this is the first time this season that I've worn it. I love the big sequined mouth - it's very much in the style of Pop artist Roy Lichtenstein. 
I don't think I've ever worn it with my Weird Adidas tulle skirt before! 

I never actually wear my outerwear like this, but I like how it looks.
If I left the office to run an errand, I might look like this, but I was stuck to my desk like glue. A very busy day. 

Incognito.
I'm happy to wear this sumptuous velvety suede coat again. I am shocked that it's been nearly a year since I wore it. Clearly, I have too many coats! 

The stuff: 
I kept these boots out for the spring/summer season, but didn't wear them at all...until now! 

  • PVC bucket hat - Babaton, consignment
  • Leather gloves - Picabo, Powell River
  • Silk scarf - fake Louis (Lewis!) Vuitton, vintage 90s, thrifted

Black, white and red bling: 
I usually wear all of these with that cardigan. Not very creative, but when it works, it works, right? 

  • Black/white cuff - vintage 80s, vintage fair
  • Bakelite cuff - vintage 60s, vintage mall, gift from L
  • Balsa wood Bowie pin - vintage fair
  • Silver/red enamel ring - antique shop, Sidney
  • Lapis lazuli/silver ring - Wendy Brandes
  • Silver/ball earring - Tania Gleave, Vancouver
  • Balsa wood earring - consignment, Sidney

The boys snoozing on the bench yesterday, grabbing the sun. 
They don't usually share a bench - Barnabas moved after a few minutes. 

5 comments:

  1. Cool skirt and so perfect with that cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sequinned pop-art cardigan is amazing. I did a double take when I read it's Desigual!
    But my favourite part of your outfit must be the boots, which must be my all-time favourite pair of yours! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The combination of tulle skirt with the Desigual sweater and eye-popping boots is simply delightful! My experience with Desigual is that when they've done a good job the pieces is a perfect blend of art and functionality. I have two Desigual dresses, they are 14 years old and have held up perfectly (though they are worn infrequently) and I like them because the patterns are all over the front, sides and back, plus one of them has pockets!

    Yay for chillin' on the bench in the lingering sun! Cheers, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pop-art cardigan and that fab accessories you picked (totally agree. when it works, it works!) and so gorgeous boots!, You Rock It!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  5. POP ART all the way! You look fab. The Adidas works so well with everything. Roy Lichtenstein would be duly impressed.
    -ReaderRita

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so incredibly special, and I love them and hug them and treasure them forever. Please feel free to tell me what you think!

I'm not currently able to respond to comments, but I will make every effort to answer questions. I do read every single one, and appreciate your comments.

Please note that comments containing affiliate links spam-y sites, spam comments and anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted.

Cheers,
Sheila