I wanted to style up this weird black top again, so I played around in my closet until I came up with this.
- Mesh top - Mexx, vintage 00s, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in May for a shop with Ariana
- Pleated top - Petar, consignment; first worn here in June with white jeans and pops of pink
- Cotton skirt - Kaliyana, consignment; last seen here in April with leopard and loafers
- Shoes - Sol Sana; last worn here in August with Adidas and pleats
I liked this outfit even more, so the top can stay. I think it has a lot of fun potential.
The blood-red cotton skirt is a firm favourite. By the way, thanks to my awesome colleague Martel for today's post title!
I added the mesh top and that led me to white accessories.
I'm still in my summer wardrobe, but I'd wear this in winter. The stuff:
Black and white bling:
My coworkers loved the pin. It says, "Secret Plans for World Domination." Appropriate for Book Club.
I added a push-pin for my bags, so they aren't all slouched over.
- Bag - Craig Morrison Bug Bag, vintage 90s, consignment
- Silk scarf - Alexander McQueen, consignment, gift from L
- Leather obi-style belt - local, gift from L
I use this knapsack almost every day for work, but I also took it to Book Club, so it counts as part of the outfit.
Hey, where are my gloves?
Oh, yeah, I forgot about these! They matched the leather obi perfectly.
- Leather gloves - Coach, consignment
My coworkers loved the pin. It says, "Secret Plans for World Domination." Appropriate for Book Club.
- Black/white bangles - consignment
- Black/white stretch cuff - vintage 80s, vintage fair
- Earrings - W. Germany, vintage 80s, vintage fair
- Silver Anneke & Lars ring - vintage mall
- Silver/red enamel ring - antique shop, Sidney
- Brooch - thrifted
Who can resist kitties and a box?
I caught Barnabas mid-yawn, but he looks very fierce, and Whateley looks rather startled. I am guilty of making noises to get them to look at me. I'm running out of sounds...
They're getting jaded.
They're getting jaded.
Edited to add...pictures from Book Club!
A selfie in the hall mirror on the way out the door! I hopped a bus to town. We met up at Clive's Lounge. I sat at the fountain outside the Chateau Victoria Hotel (where Clive's is located), beside this guy.
He is a bronze statue, Sheila. No need for that side-eye.
He is a bronze statue, Sheila. No need for that side-eye.
A rather blurry picture of us before all the food arrived.
From left: Jennifer, Caro, Cat, Ciara, Rosanna, Yvonne and me.
From left: Jennifer, Caro, Cat, Ciara, Rosanna, Yvonne and me.








I like this outfit too. Very in line with your style evolution. The skirt is a gorgeous red.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Lise! It's kind of a weird one, but I liked it! I adore the skirt.
DeleteWhat a perfect summer-into-fall outfit! Reminds me of the bleeding heart bush due to the red flowers hanging downwards/being on the bottom, like the red of your outfit being on the bottom, so I'm definitely a fan of Martel's blog title suggestion. :-) I love that your collection of clothing has some very definite groupings, for instance this skirt reminds me of the black one you wore the other day, and you have tulle, and you have jammy dresses, and so on.
ReplyDeleteFor some reason your outfit also reminds me of Dr Who or steam punk. Maybe it's the color combo coupled with the style of the skirt and the funky black top?
Here's to a wonderful mid-week and I imagine book group was both interesting and enjoyable! Cheers, Laurie
Aw, thanks so much, Laurie! I'm not sure which black skirt you mean (maybe the navy/blue Westwood one? it has a similar shape and photographs dark), but yes, "Interesting Skirts" is definitely a category that says ME.
DeleteSteampunk! Yes, that's definitely a vibe I have done in the past, and certainly seeps into my outfits. I would have totally worn this skirt in my steampunk days.
Book Club is always a hoot! I'll add some pictures to this post, so check back.
Yes, the navy/blue Westwood skirt. In my memory it was dark so I made it black. ;-)
DeleteAnd I love that you all go out for a meal as part of Book Club!
DeleteThat skirt is a beautiful colour and I love the black and white bling. I find that the bag has a definite "don't try anything on" vibe to it - it looks like a weapon of defence!
ReplyDelete