Monday, August 10, 2026

Leopard Lalabobo Lace

Welcome back, my friends! I couldn't wait - the Lalabobo (it's fun to say) top had to be worn right away!
I'm a big fan of rewearing what I have, but I also enjoy a bit of novelty every so often. 

  • Lace/applique top - Lalabobo, consignment; purchased here on the weekend for $28.00
  • Sleeveless shirt - Denver Hayes, consignment; last seen here in July with teal suiting
  • Nylon skirt - Love Tree, consignment; last worn here in May for birthday shopping for L
  • Boots - Powerhouse Jyoti, Fluevog; last seen here with my Office Pajama shirt in July

I layered my pink sleeveless top underneath this - I have double collars! 
I immediately knew I wanted to wear it with this deep cobalt blue nylon cargo skirt. That's Barnabas' tail - they were both weaving all over, visiting with me. 

My colleagues loved the pineapple lace. 
I've never seen anything like it. 

Incognito. There's a star pin on the leopard's hat.
I walked to and from work like this, only with with white sneakers on.

The stuff: 
I considered wearing my red Fluevog sneakers with this, but I may as well wear my heels while I can. I did a bit of walking in the office, but I am mostly at my desk. 

  • Silk scarf - Halston, vintage 70s, thrifted
  • Star pin - consignment

Red bling: 
I forgot about that red leather cuff! 

  • Leather/steel cuff - Rimanchik
  • Carved faux cinnabar bangle - consignment
  • Silver/red enamel ring - antique shop, Sidney
  • Silver/carnelian ring - thrifted
  • Silver/lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
  • Necklace - FAC Fifth Avenue Collection, thrifted, Sidney
  • Metal roses earrings - Betsey Johnson, swap from Cat

I caught the boys sleeping on the bed yesterday while L did the laundry. 
Looks like we have some cuddling going on here! 

Whateley was giving Barnabas a good licking. 
"You can just go now."         "I love the Woman."


No love for me, despite Barnabas' loud purring. 
"Look away!"         "But she might give me a tummy rub!"

Ha!

7 comments:

  1. Funny cats :). And fun outfit. I know the star is the cool top but I love the skirt too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such little monkeys. Thank you, Lise! I agree! I was shocked that I've only worn it a handful of times - this skirt needs to be worn more.

      Delete
  2. wow, I do love that cool top with the so stylish skirt, lots of interesting shapes and matchy colours!, You Rock It!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's such a fun piece - I'm excited to style it up again soon!

      Delete
  3. That really is a cute top and I love it with the blue skirt. The back is so interesting too, with all the pineapples. I think Whateley is so amusing when he takes charge of Barnabas like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too - I'll probably do it again at some point! I'm just boggled by the pineapple lace - I've never seen it before!
      Yes, Whateley's the dominant one.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that big cat lace top is gorgeous. Love the skirt you paired it with.
    Your cats resting on the bed are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so incredibly special, and I love them and hug them and treasure them forever. Please feel free to tell me what you think!

I'm not currently able to respond to comments, but I will make every effort to answer questions. I do read every single one, and appreciate your comments.

Please note that comments containing affiliate links spam-y sites, spam comments and anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted.

Cheers,
Sheila