I've been having enormous fun shopping my closet and remixing and playing with all my old favourites.
All things I'd only worn once, some many months ago.
- Velour hoodie - Juicy Couture, vintage 90s, thrifted; last seen here in May with tulle and this same top
- Lace top - Culture; last worn here in May...with this velour hoodie!
- Satin skirt - Scotch & Soda by Maison Scotch, consignment; last seen here in August for a wee shop
- Leather sandals - Chie Mihara; last worn here in July with a painty Jammy dress
- Leather trenchcoat - no label, vintage 70s, thrifted; last seen here in March
If I look startled in the first picture, it's because this is what I saw when I went outside. The Castle IS there, I swear! You can just see the light in the tower.
That was RAIN, my friends! I'd better make sure I stay dry on my walk to work.
But back to this lovely autumnal outfit. I do have a lot of black, orange and leopard in my closet! The orange velour is so soft and works perfectly with the satin skirt.
The addition of sparkly tights pulls this into cool weather territory. I also have a cami and a vintage half-slip to keep everything from being clingy. This is how I layered on the way to the office.
Hood up, over my cream wool beret, coat done up, neck swathed in silk, and gloves on.
And this is what I looked like on the way home! It was cloudy with bits of blue breaking through.
I was sweaty by the time I got home. The stuff:
Such a pretty scarf.
- Silk Klimt scarf - vintage, consignment, Powell River
- Wool beret - vintage, thrifted
- Heart pin - consignment
- Leather gloves - consignment
My colleagues loved the shoes - "they're tall...but sort of flat!" Shoe Math!
Black and gold bling:
I rediscovered this black/crystal necklace hiding under other necklaces.
- Leafy bracelet - thrifted, Sidney
- Hinged eelskin bangle - vintage 80s, thrifted
- Leather anatomical heart brooch - Smoking Lily
- Silver/gold/amethyst cobra ring - vintage fair
- Amber ring - c. 1995
- Necklace - J. Crew, consignment
- Cat earrings - British Museum gift shop, gift to Mom, given back to me
Oops, missed someone! Did you see her on my shoulder?
And a close-up of the crystal-embellished J on my hoodie.
- Tiger shoulder brooch - consignment, gift from L
Speaking of tigers, someone came in for a cuddle.
Good job, Whateley! You have to be still while the timer beeps (a lesson I still haven't learned).
Tomorrow is the National Day of Truth and Reconciliation, so L and I will both be off tomorrow - the next time you see me will be post-Mom-Day!
I love seeing how you remix already worn pieces. For me it is even more fun doing this because the more I wear an item the better I get it at styling it. I like your funky and unexpected combination of today.
ReplyDeleteI wish the US had a National Day of Truth and Reconciliation. But I think we’d need (at least) a whole month at this point…
ReplyDelete-RR
I couldn’t figure out where the tiger part of the title was in your outfit until I saw your jewelry! That tiger is so wonderful.
ReplyDelete-RR
(And so is the pin, haha)
DeleteWhat a great set of fall colours! I like to see these seasonal blends. It is neat the way the tiger brooch clings to your shoulder.
ReplyDeleteThat is one perfect shoulder season outfit, Sheila!
ReplyDeleteSwooning over your tiger brooch as always! xxx
I think you used the word 'soft' to describe your outfit and I had a similar thought because it does, indeed, look soft and the colors in the pieces soften one another. Ooo, when the mist rolls in and shrouds the castle in all but the one light that shines steadfastly…LOL I liked the sound of typing that sentence. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI hope Victoria's National Day of Truth and Reconciliation went well. The news here reported an incident in Vancouver but confess I only read the headline and not the article.
Happy Mom Day today! Cheers, Laurie
It looks very damp and chilly what with the disappearing castle and you in tights and gloves!
ReplyDeleteFabulous autumnal hues in your splendid outfit, perfectly accessorised by Whateley!
Have a lovely day off! x