Today was Mom-Day, and we couldn't have asked for a nicer day!
We worked on our puzzle, had lunch, then finished the puzzle! Very satisfying. Thanks for having me over, Mom! I love you!
Sneaking in one more wearing of this amazing butterfly/zebra/roses blazer.
Dolly would have approved.
- Cotton blazer - Escada by Margaretha Ley, vintage 80s, thrifted, Powell River; last seen here in June with white and orange
- T-shirt - Leonard Cohen tour shirt, thrifted; not tracked, I literally sleep in it
- Skirt - Cleo, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) for Vero's birthday adventure a few weeks ago
- Shoes - Marquis Swordfish, Fluevog; last seen here in March with black jeans and ruffles
I was dripping with sweat by the time I got to Mom's and was like this all day.
Not with my shoes on! I quite liked the yellow spotted socks, which are Fluevogs. I went from that to this:
I did up the top button of the jacket to keep it from flapping around as I walked to town, bused and walked to Mom's. It was windy, so I wore my scarf in my hair.
My green backpack carried our lunch (beef stew), music for us to listen to while we puzzled (Rankin Family and Loreena McKennitt), and two books I took from a Little Library.
- Leather purse - thrifted
- Silk scarf - consignment
- Droopy leopard brooch - Parklane, consignment
- Zebra brooch - consignment
I did a brooch on each side of the collar.
Bold bling:
- Enameled cuff - Lauren G. Adams, consignment
- Turquoise ring - consignment
- Steel/Lucite ring - Calvin Klein, thrifted
- Gold-tone leaves bracelet - thrifted, Sidney
- Crystal/gold necklace - Swarovski, CA's mum's
- Gold-tone necklace - Givenchy, vintage 80s, vintage fair
- Wood/acrylic ear-balls - Sziska, thrifted, Sidney
I blended into all these rich late summer colours in nature.
I love this car. And look at those gorgeous trees!
I love this car. And look at those gorgeous trees!
Wait a minute, what is this!?
SHEEPS! Look at the curly horns on the ram! There were two other people, one who fed apple to that sheep with the white face stripe.
SHEEPS! Look at the curly horns on the ram! There were two other people, one who fed apple to that sheep with the white face stripe.
A lovely walk, listening to the birds.
All the usual suspects on Merlin: chickadees, juncos, wrens and sparrows, along with crows, ravens and turkey vultures circling overhead.
All the usual suspects on Merlin: chickadees, juncos, wrens and sparrows, along with crows, ravens and turkey vultures circling overhead.
I arrived at Mom's and I had to see her progress on her next picture.
This is the base image, ready to be coloured. Exciting! Multiple versions allow Mom to experiment with colour and shading, and make sure she's got good balance.
This is the base image, ready to be coloured. Exciting! Multiple versions allow Mom to experiment with colour and shading, and make sure she's got good balance.
She's been working on the puzzle since we last did.
I was assigned the plaid blanket and then we both worked on the wood parts at the top.
I was assigned the plaid blanket and then we both worked on the wood parts at the top.
A mere three hours later! It was a wonderful afternoon in harmony, with the sun shining.
Thumbs up! I can't wait for the next puzzle!
Before I sign off for the weekend, more leaf-watching shenanigans.
Barnabas watching. Hmm, I wonder.
It's very entertaining watching them discover all of this only for the second time in their lives.
It's very entertaining watching them discover all of this only for the second time in their lives.
And there we go - have a great weekend, and please stop by on Sunday for tales of adventure. Thank you for being here.














Cool outfit! Especially love the socks and shoes.
ReplyDeleteHi Helen! Hi Sheila! Ditto what Lise said on the socks. The shoes are difficult for me to imagine walking in, not due to their height (looks perfect) but because of the long toe bed. I'd be the one tripping on the front of the shoe at any uneven spot on the ground! I'm a fan of your skirt and the jacket but it does look a bit heavy for a day that was warm so no surprise (to me ;-)) that you were sweaty by the time you reached your Mom's.
ReplyDeleteI love how you laid out your jewelry for the photo. The blue crystal/gold necklace really sets off everything else 'just so'! And still on the visuals, the first photo of Barnabas on the chair, looking up, is perfectly placed on the blog to have him looking at your words "more leaf-watching shenanigans." as if he is reading your words. ;-) Happy Weekend!! Cheers, Laurie