Hello, my friends! No Mom-Day today, as I had to stay home for whenever the workers showed up to put our crown moulding back.
On the plus side, it's all done! Yay! On the negative side, I miss seeing Mom this week. Boo!
- Silk blouse - Zoe + Sam, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in July tied over the cheese curl dress
- T-shirt - Paul Smith for WhateverItTakes.org, 2009, thrifted; not tracked
- Skirt - Scotch & Soda by Maison Scotch, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) for brunch in June (same shoes!)
- Sandals - Los Cabos; first worn here (2nd outfit) in that June brunch outfit
I didn't bother with much make-up and barely wore accessories. I just piled on a bunch of orange things.
The silk blouse was my sunblock.
Incognito.
Whateley just barged in and smelled my feet. Weirdo! The stuff:
Once the work in our condo was done, I headed down Oak Bay Avenue to pick up Vero's birthday gift card - she requested one from Turnabout. Well, twist my rubber arm! I have to visit all my favourite Oak Bay shops!
This is only the second time I've worn the hat - not sure that it's worth keeping.
- Leather purse - Fossil, consignment, Powell River
- Earrings - thrifted
- Straw hat - thrifted
We had to clear out the hall again, move the CD rack, take all the pictures down.
The boys hid while the loud nail-gunning was going on, and didn't come out until they finished caulking.
Barnabas was much braver.
He was the first to come out from under the bed.
I popped into Good Things Consignment Vintage and forced myself to just do a very quick sweep.
These blue-shaded snake-print leather-lined sandals caught my eye.
These blue-shaded snake-print leather-lined sandals caught my eye.
The brand is Bussola.
Their sandals seem to run around the $149.00 mark - but for me, they were $30.00.
Their sandals seem to run around the $149.00 mark - but for me, they were $30.00.
I popped into House of Savoy for another quick look around. I was devastated when a pair of furry green and pink Adidas sneakers did not fit (sigh), but thrilled to find this cool white top.
I like the design on the back as well.
Abstract! This was $34.00 and is by Luukaa. You could add $100 to that for retail.
Abstract! This was $34.00 and is by Luukaa. You could add $100 to that for retail.
From there, I had a quick peek in A La Mode Vintage, and on to Turnabout! I bought the gift card first, then rewarded myself with a quick-ish shop. I didn't go through every item, just quickly looked for what leapt out at me.
I never skip the menswear department, not just for L, but for me! This is a gorgeous cotton/poly Adidas jacket with a two-way zipper, zipped pockets, and a gorgeous royal blue colour.
I never skip the menswear department, not just for L, but for me! This is a gorgeous cotton/poly Adidas jacket with a two-way zipper, zipped pockets, and a gorgeous royal blue colour.
Aw, it belonged to Fred!
I wonder how he would feel about me wearing this? It was only $39.60 (there was a sale on - extra 10% off on all the older items). Thanks, Fred!
I spotted these pants on a rack of Boho-flavoured dresses - I was running my hand over the fabrics, looking for good quality textiles.
I mean, what the heck is going on here? Whateley is giving them a good inspection.
I wonder how he would feel about me wearing this? It was only $39.60 (there was a sale on - extra 10% off on all the older items). Thanks, Fred!
I spotted these pants on a rack of Boho-flavoured dresses - I was running my hand over the fabrics, looking for good quality textiles.
I mean, what the heck is going on here? Whateley is giving them a good inspection.
The fabric and textiles are gorgeous - all brocades, and these are all blocks of fabric sewn together.
I have all these colours in my closet!
I have all these colours in my closet!
They are super fun to play with - I spent some time in the fitting room futzing around with flipping the extra-long waist from paper-bag to peplum.
Big pockets too! A big label inside.
These were made in New York, cool. I'm going to have to spend some time on their website (here, link 'cause I love) and see if I can figure out what season these are from. I spotted some cropped patchwork pants for them over $500, so the $189.45 that I paid feels better.
And now, I'm off for the weekend, but will be back on Monday (taking an extra day) with tale of adventure.
The kittens wish you a happy weekend! Thank you for being here! 


Interesting buys! The hat suits you. Have a good one.
ReplyDelete