No beating around the bush - I did not like this vest.
But I gave it a shot, and I do like the outfit overall.
- Cotton ruffled blouse - Ralph Lauren, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in June for brunch with velvet trousers
- Vest - Coupe Classique, vintage 90s, Mom's; acquired here last week from Mom
- Skirt - Oska, consignment; last worn here in August when I met Judith and Leslie
- Suede boots - Coach, consignment, Vancouver; last seen here in May with olive and leopard
- Linen blazer (below) - H&M, vintage, thrifted; last worn here on a rainy Mom-Day in July
It just isn't me, and while I tried to make it not look Christmassy, one of my coworkers did say I looked ready for Hallowe'en!
I liked all the other pieces, although I don't think I'll be keeping this ruffled top. It's pretty but I don't LOVE it, you know?
Anyway, my coworker Jess admired it, so I was all, "Here you go, try it on."
Fabulous! It's yours! Enjoy! Incognito.
I walked home without the extra vest layer - it was SO windy and stormy (and still is, as I type this). The thin linen blazer was not very warm - I even had to unroll the sleeves.
I walked home without the extra vest layer - it was SO windy and stormy (and still is, as I type this). The thin linen blazer was not very warm - I even had to unroll the sleeves.
- Leather belt - Mudd, vintage 90s, thrifted
- Silk scarf - Lanvin, vintage, thrifted
- Star pin - consignment
Bold bling:
Lots of matchy. - Carved faux cinnabar bangle - consignment
- Stone bangle - consignment
- Green/metal bracelet - vintage mall
- Silver/green stone ring - thrifted
- Silver/carnelian ring - thrifted
- Silver/smoky topaz ring - Anneli Neuman, Finland, vintage mall
- Silver/onyx necklace - Mexican, consignment, Powell River
- Silver earrings - consignment
I chased down the boys for pictures. Whateley, after stalking behind the monitor.
They want their food!
It's almost time.



Well that vest got a perfect home, it really looks just right with your co-worker's top. I think I understand why you don't really like the frilled blouse. It makes me think "Gone with the Wind" for some reason, and I can't see you saying "tomorrow is another day" where outfits are concerned. You always have a good plan in mind! Love the questioning looks on the cats' faces. "Are you ever going to feed us?"
ReplyDeleteIt looks better on her! Ha, I get that - ruffles and me...not so much. I'm okay with letting it go.
DeleteThe cats always have that look, or their other usual: "We're sleeping, go away."
Whateley has the biggest eyes that simply pull me in: whatever you want Whateley I would grant!
ReplyDeleteI’m in concurrence with your commentary and decisions regarding the vest and the ruffled orange blouse. The vest goes nicely with the top Jess is wearing! Sending appreciation for the two bangle bracelets. Cheers, Laurie
He is such a beautiful cat - but he can be a little monster!
DeleteI was happy to move that vest along. I love the weight of those bangles - they are both heavy. Thanks, Laurie!
Oh, I hate it when I find I’m cold and I still need to walk home! That necessitates walking double time, in order to generate warmth! (And get home quicker, haha) Kudos to you for giving Jess the vest without a thought for your own walk home:-)
ReplyDeleteStrangely, it looks like a completely different vest on her, and I agree that it looks great with her top.
I like it when I have strong feelings about a piece of clothing; then it doesn’t languish in my closet. I have far too many things that I keep, thinking: “if I just can find the right piece to go with it…”
Your decisiveness is very inspiring!
Yay!
ReaderRita
I honestly didn't even think of it, Rita! I just wanted the vest gone!
DeleteLife is too short to keep things that do not serve me, make me happy or that I don't love. Off they go! To a new home!
I'm glad to read that fabulous vest found a new home with Jess.
ReplyDeleteYour outfit with the vest is fabulous though. That ruffled blouse is everything! xxx
It feels so good to find new homes for my things. Thank you, dear Ann!
DeleteTwo comments about the vest. First, I misread the title of the post and wondered how you shipped the vest "to Jesus." Does UPS deliver in Heaven? Second, you list the vest as "vintage 90s" -- can there be such a thing? The 90s feel like yesterday so how can that be vintage?
ReplyDeleteFinal two thoughts. I guess I need to get a job in your office to have a chance at your castoffs. I'd take any of 'em that fit. Second, I really like the ruffled blouse. It'll likely soon appear in my dreams. :)
Ha ha, that's hilarious. I'm sure Jesus is a vest guy, though. I know, I know - they feel like just a few years ago, right? But yes, even the early 00s is now referred to as "vintage"! Nooooo!
DeleteIf we didn't have ridiculous tariffs and taxes, I would send you the blouse, but I am not dealing with any of that BS while the Orange One is in power.
Sorry that the vest was not your thing, but glad you find it a new owner (totally agree that the vest looks different on her!, lovely!). I do love that you gave it a chance and created a fab outfit: so fantastic ruffled blouse (always lovely Orange, despite some people consider it 'halloween themed colour' but nope!) and interesting shaped skirt, really Cool!
ReplyDeletebesos
I'm glad I styled it up once at least, just to see - but it's the best when you see something go straight to its new home. I love orange, but that blouse wasn't quite right (don't worry, I still have plenty of orange).
Delete