My colleague David was delighted with the bugs on my sweatshirt.
I was surprised to discover that the pants have a dropped crotch, which took a bit of getting used to. I need to think of them as having a sporty vibe and adjust for the next outfit.
Incognito, and started pulling the top higher here, see?
I added my long black/olive leather gloves and moved the scarf from my hair to my neck for the cloudy morning. - Silk scarf - Ralph Lauren, consignment
- Leather/suede long gloves - Gestuz, consignment
Copper bling:
I love that bracelet. - Copper necklace and bracelet - both Renoir, vintage 50s, vintage fair and thrifted
- Copper earrings - unmarked, vintage fair
- Copper ball ring - consignment
The hand-party looks better on than laying on the table.
Oh, yeah! Love it! - Copper bracelet/ring party - Raphael of Canada, vintage 70s, vintage fair
Some kitty pics.
Barnabas aka Burt Reynolds. The acorns are falling off the trees, clattering on the deck windows.
The boys get very excited by it.
The boys get very excited by it.




Those two furry boys often pose in synch – is it simply a cat thing or does it go deeper because they are siblings, or is it both (or neither ;-)). As for the pants, a dropped crotch coupled with the looser fitting legs that end in elastic fitted ankles makes me think of genie style pants. Hmm, a top that is tucked in or is cropped is how my brain wants to style the pants. And three cheers for your copper jewelry!!! I LOVE your copper, turquoise and bright primary colored collections of jewelry. Cheers, Laurie
ReplyDeleteI think it must be a sibling thing - we notice it when they are side-by-side. They also seem to sleep the same way at times.
DeleteYes, definitely genie pants! I agree, I need a more defined waist here.
Thanks, Laurie! I am glad you enjoy it.
I was taken by the socks and shoes! The scarf picks up their colour. Dropped crotch pants? Smugglers' pants! Lots of possibilities for air travel unless they make you go through the scanner. ðŸ¤
ReplyDeleteI layered black lace socklets over bright orange socks, ha ha! Lol, I love that idea, but I'm pretty sure I'd be discovered smuggling in them!
DeleteThe pants bring to mind those Harem-esque pants of a certain era. And I love those bugs! The showstopper (to me) is the drop dead gorgeous copper jewelry. Those are my favorite pieces of yours. That mid-century vibe is strong in my soul.
ReplyDeleteYour cats are too much. Purrt Reynolds (forgive me if I’m repeating that joke) and the Tiny Taupe Tiger!
Above comment is from ReaderRita, who is a dork and forgets to sign her posts.
DeleteDefinitely! I love the bugs too, and yes, the copper jewelry is the best part, Rita.
DeletePurrt Reynolds is hilarious! We call Whateley our Siberian Tiger!