I had planned on doing some outfit try-ons, and building up a bunch but instead I just styled up one outfit.
Back to work after a long weekend is hard!
If you're wondering what the white things hanging down and the collar there are all about, that's this top I wore last week! This was the perfect opportunity to layer it, under my Eiffel Tower sweatshirt.
I really liked the plaid skirt - it was stretchy but FIRM (due to 100% wool). I had to put on a pair of shorts quickly as it was also very itchy, good to know. Incognito
The scarf wafted around as I walked home in the sun. We're in that cold morning/warm afternoon period now, and I shall go on about it.
The scarf wafted around as I walked home in the sun. We're in that cold morning/warm afternoon period now, and I shall go on about it.
The stuff:
Silver bling:
All favourites.
Barnabas has gone back to his spot on the spare computer chair lately.He's often snoozing there.
Velvet boots have a very narrow window for actually walking to and from work.
- Silk scarf - fake Louis (Lewis!) Vuitton, thrifted
All favourites.
- Silver S cuff - consignment, Sidney
- Silver/obsidian bracelet - Mexican, consignment, Sidney
- Silver Anneke & Lars ring - vintage mall
- Silver chain ring - Mexican, consignment
- Silver/onyx bracelet - consignment, Sidney
- Steel earrings - gift from Lise
Barnabas has gone back to his spot on the spare computer chair lately.


Oh YES what a comfortable looking (especially knowing you have a way to deal with the itchiness of the skirt) and snazzy way to wear the Adolfo skirt on its first outing! I LOVE this entire outfit from head to toes. :-) The pop of color on top, the proportions of each piece, the flare at the lower part of the skirt, the boots for added umph and of course all of your jewelry – totally my cup of tea AND I think the ensemble looks just right on you. :-) I see Barnabas paid attention to your outfit as he chose to nestle into the chair that holds the matching pattern to the skirt. ;-) Egads Whateley is photogenic!!! Cheers, Laurie
ReplyDeleteThank you, Laurie! Yeah, the skirt itched right through my sheer tights (aka nylons, lol), so I quickly layered up shorts. Most of my slips were too long for it, but I'll have to remember layers for future outfits.
DeleteGlad you liked it! That kicky flare was wonderful in person, and I loved the fit of the skirt.
Barnabas' "bed" on that chair is my "computer poncho", often worn for Ye Old Pandemic Parke parties to sit on. I know, Whateley really knows how to turn it on for the camera!
So fab layering of the white top (which is a really interesting piece!, lots of possibilities!) and lovely outfit!. That blue top looks fantastic with the black&white skirt. Glad that you could deal with wool itchiness (yay to shorts and pettitpants!) as that's a beautiful piece!, love the flared style And plaid!!
ReplyDeleteWhateley looks absolutely persuasive, who could resist those big eyes? ;DD
besos
Isn't it cool? I loved having extra pockets! I always wear this sweatshirt with black and white (not very creative). Yes, good to know that NOW, so that I can plan for it in the winter. It's very cozy.
DeleteHe's such a ham!
love the blue top with the classic skirt. Zippy.
ReplyDeleteJudith from Ottawa
thanks, Judith!
DeleteThat skirt has a great flare and the top combo looks good with it.
ReplyDeleteYesterday I snagged a lovely pair of Sketchers sneakers on sale, and they have little zippers at the sides to facilitate putting them on!
I've always liked this tulip cut, thank you! Ooh, so nice! I've seen those!
DeleteI just love this look!
ReplyDeleteArtademia‽
Insanely cool.
You are a trouper for still wearing the itchy skirt.
I would have been too chicken, fearing that it would itch right through the shorts also!
ReaderRita
Thank you, Rita! I don't know what Artademia means?
DeleteOh, it wasn't that itchy, just enough to know I would be happier with another layer.