▼

Monday, September 21, 2026

Blast of Colour

Woo, another week, and we get closer and closer to the closet swap-over and another Limbo sale. I'm excited, but I'm also finding it very easy to let go of things that are just not working for me. 
Oh, you know it's coming...

  • Cotton turtleneck sweater - Northern Reflections, thrifted; last seen here in April, layered under a cornflower corduroy dress
  • Cerulean suede studded dress - Danier Leather, vintage 80s, consignment; last worn (but not seen!) here in August
  • Shoes - Sea Maidens Kelpies, Fluevog; last seen here in August with a leopard maxi
  • Cotton fleece cardigan - Agnes B., thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) for brunch in April

I wanted to wear this studded suede dress again, because my camera ate the pictures last time. 
I decided to layer under it - and while I liked the bright pink, especially with the tights - I'm done with this dress. It hasn't got pockets and I feel 4 outfits at $17 per wear is good enough. 

The tights popped a ginormous hole, so off they go to Hosiery Heaven. I thrifted them in 2018 for 95 cents or maybe $1.50? so not bad for 8 years! 
I'm still waffling on this cardigan, but it's in the closet for now. It's a good colour and I'd wear it more if I remembered I had it. 

Incognito. 
I loved all these colours together - it's a lot! I do like to blast the eyeballs...

The...hey, get off the table, Whateley. 
He approves of the shoes. Let's try this again. 

The stuff: 
I added the gloves at the last minute - they're still not stretched to my hand. I didn't need the scarf or gloves by the end of the day. 

  • Silk scarf - Alexander McQueen, consignment
  • Leather gloves - Martin Ria's, vintage 80s, thrifted

Colourful bling: 
I'm also done with the Biko earrings. They are...fine. 

  • Silicon bangle - Materia Design, thrifted
  • Carved jadeite bangle - consignment
  • Earrings - Biko, consignment
  • Silver/aquamarine Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
  • Silver/crystal ring - Soul Flower, vintage 00s

Kittens on the deck. 
Enjoy the sun while it lasts, bud. 

Whateley was fascinated by the rainbows my crystal ring was throwing. 
You never know what will catch a kitten's eye!

I'll be back on Wednesday with a Two-Fer, as I have an after-work thing tomorrow. See you then! 

9 comments:

  1. I was admiring those tights, but I guess that is the last time we will see you wearing them. I don't see a holey tight fashion coming any day soon. They don't owe you anything at their low thrift price! The cardigan is a good match for the shoes, perhaps worth keeping as you often favour that colour. Those gloves are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they've had a good run (get it? hee hee), but time for them to go. I do like that colour - the cardigan is staying (for now).

      Delete
  2. I like the pattern on your stockings. So unique! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barnabas what long front legs you have!
    I love the wild splash of colors! Not only are they a cheery combination but something about them makes me think of fall, despite none of them being colors I would typically associate with fall. Completely understand letting go of 'that which no longer serves' – otherwise you will never pare down your wardrobe by the time you retire from your current job. Tsk tsk on the holey tights, but also too bad as they are such a fabulous pattern. Nonetheless, as Bushlady wrote, "I don't see a holey tight fashion coming any day soon." ;-) I like the two bangles but am having a hard time imagining how the square one feels throughout a work day; in my mind it would keep getting in the way of being able to type, for instance. Enjoy the evening! Cheers, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a Barnabas long-legs!
      Thanks, Laurie! The colours all made me happy, but it's okay to let all this go. The square one is soft and squishy, remember? It's actually nice, keeps my wrist aligned.

      Delete
  4. Here in New York the weather just turned. No more shorts, bring out the sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much as I love the outfit, I am hearing you on the studded suede dress! Shame about the tights, though :-( I'm trying to be better at letting go of those pieces that I'm no longer feeling, but still getting there! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely outfit, particularly colourful and fabulously accessorized, I do love all those colours working together and I'm sorry that those tights bit the dust (always lovely to have some printed and colourful tights to mix and match with outfits!)
    Totally inspiring!
    besos

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so incredibly special, and I love them and hug them and treasure them forever. Please feel free to tell me what you think!

I'm not currently able to respond to comments, but I will make every effort to answer questions. I do read every single one, and appreciate your comments.

Please note that comments containing affiliate links spam-y sites, spam comments and anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted.

Cheers,
Sheila