Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Layered and a Broken Bracelet

I'm getting down to the nitty-gritty of backwards hangers in my closet, and starting to think about what's going to stay and what's going to go.
Although this was late to the wear party, I will be keeping it for now. 

  • Dress - Eliza J, thrifted; last worn here for a Mom-Day followed by a Spring Equinox party in March
  • Sweater - Bellissima, thrifted; last seen here in March, layered under a tunic for vintage fair shopping with Rosanna
  • Sandals - Wonders; last worn here in May with pink plaid

I figured I'd wear it to the office and as it has a rather low back, I decided to layer under it.
I considered the usual long-sleeved white shirt (the new one was tried, not fitted enough), then landed on this thin teal green sweater, which picks out the tealy-green leaves in the brocade.

This dress is easy to toughen up for my badass inclinations, but I went with a more girly vibe this time. 
Big pockets! Whateley, do you mind?

Incognito. 
He's very intrigued by this dress. I keep finding it pulled off its hanger. 

A picture from L, who took this last night while he was writing. 
What a cutie! 

Someone needed some cuddling. 
In all of these pictures, I'm wearing three bracelets, but I only wore two of them to work. 

The stuff: 
I liked how the belt and shoes worked with this outfit. 
  • Silk scarf - Fluevog
  • Lobster brooch - consignment; purchased here for $20.00
  • Belt - Banana Republic, thrifted

Golden bling: 
Sadly, my D'Orlans bracelet broke just after I finished taking pictures. It's not repairable, so it'll be out in the Free Pile for someone crafty to sew it onto a coat or something (I'm also thinking about this).

  • Hinged eelskin bracelet - vintage 80s, thrifted
  • Hinged eelskin bird bracelet - consignment
  • Broken bracelet - D'Orlans, vintage mall, gift from L
  • Wooden Klimt ring - consignment
  • Gold-tone/malachite ring - consignment
  • Metal roses earrings - Betsey Johnson, swap from Cat
  • Necklace - Givenchy, vintage 80s, vintage fair

Two portraits.
Looking very serious, Barnabas. 

Whateley is so photogenic.
He often has one paw out.

5 comments:

  1. It's great when the right top works with a sleeveless, low back dress, transforming it from date night to office! Those cats are just so handsome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It makes the dress so much more versatile.
      I know, I love taking pictures of them. <3

      Delete
  2. Glad that dress is going to stay, I do love that print and colours and so beautifully styled with a darker top (it makes a difference) and fab bijouterie. Totally agree it could be brought to the badass side, which means lots of fun!
    Looking particularly fabulous! (same for kitties, lots of cuteness!)
    besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous quality dress, worth keeping for sure. Glad you enjoy the kitty pictures, Monica, thank you!

      Delete
  3. Whateley is indeed photogenic. He is a poser. Beautiful green eyes that seem to just look into one's soul. He could be a cat model.
    You look stunning in this elegant floral dress.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so incredibly special, and I love them and hug them and treasure them forever. Please feel free to tell me what you think!

I'm not currently able to respond to comments, but I will make every effort to answer questions. I do read every single one, and appreciate your comments.

Please note that comments containing affiliate links spam-y sites, spam comments and anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted.

Cheers,
Sheila