Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Greens, Velvet and a Fly-Over

I styled up the new-to-me mesh top for its first outing, a nice comfy short day at work. 
I was home in the morning for a few hours while I waited for some building work to be done in out unit. 

  • Cotton jacket - Adidas, consignment; last worn here in May with a bad green skirt
  • Mesh top - Mexx, vintage 90s, thrifted; purchased here on the weekend for $14.95
  • Velvet skirt - Gap, thrifted; last seen here for a Mom-Day in April
  • Han and Leia shoes - "I Know" Irregular Choice X Star Wars, gift from Louise; last worn here in May for Star Wars Day

The temps are going up to the mid- or even high-20s this week, but it's always chilly in the office. 
Plus I like a jacket for the pockets! 

I had the jacket off for a few hours. 
I like the pattern and colours of this mesh top. Greens and blues are so soothing, aren't they? 

Incognito:
I covered the Adidas logo with a crystal brooch. 

The stuff:

These worked perfectly with the new mesh top - expect to see them together again!

  • Brooch - vintage 60s, vintage fair

Green bling: 
And one blue! 

  • Silver/malachite bangle - Mexican, thrifted, Sidney
  • Glass bangle - thrifted
  • Silver/malachite ring - consignment
  • Silver/aventurine ring - consignment
  • Silver/kyanite ring - consignment
  • Silver/green stone ring - thrifted
  • Plastic earrings - vintage, consignment

Now, some excitement - the Snowbirds show (about it here, link 'cause I love) did several flyovers of our house! I heard the roaring and dashed out to the deck to make sure the cats weren't scared. 
Whateley looks a little nervous, but he's generally very chill. 

I grabbed a couple of pictures.
So cool! 

This was very loud.
I count nine planes. 

I tapped away as quick as I could (I did try taking a video but it was crap). 
This is likely the last time we'll see them here - they are decommissioning the planes. 

Bye! 
I'd better check on Barnabas. 

Bud, how are you doing? 
Oh, sorry, didn't mean to wake you! 

6 comments:

  1. That top goes so well with the skirt and the shoes, and the Adidas jacket, sans logo, adds interest. How neat to see the Snowbirds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when I find a piece that matches things I already own! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, I love love your outfits and style! It would be a pleasure to see you in a bus dressed so fashionably!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love it when you wear your Star Wars shoes. Great combo altogether.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so incredibly special, and I love them and hug them and treasure them forever. Please feel free to tell me what you think!

I'm not currently able to respond to comments, but I will make every effort to answer questions. I do read every single one, and appreciate your comments.

Please note that comments containing affiliate links spam-y sites, spam comments and anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted.

Cheers,
Sheila