I'm not feeling terribly inspired in my wardrobe this week - I am still sick, but getting better. My energy is just sapped.
|Realizing that a) my fly is undone and b) I don't have time to take another picture|
Going back to a couple of tried and true pieces (trousers/shoes) and getting my seasonal wear out of this lovely blazer.
- Blazer - Etro Milano, consignment; last seen here in June 2018 (2nd outfit) with a very short skirt
- Blouse - H&M, thrifted; first worn here in November 2018 with vintage rainbow plaid
- Trousers - Talbots, thrifted; last seen here in January with green velvet
- Shoes - Aldo, thrifted; last worn here in December 2018 with a Christmas tree skirt
- Coat (below) - Apparence, vintage, thrifted; last seen here in January
The temps have dropped to 1-2 degrees here - the blossoms on the trees are freezing! This is unusually cold for delicate Victoria denizens like me. I just want to be bundled up head to toe!
here's their spring 2019 runway collection, courtesy of Vogue, and linking 'cause I love), a brand that has been around for 50 years.
I like the yellow suit on slide 28 - the blazer is cut very similarly to this one I'm wearing, although mine is likely from the 90s. There's a scrumptious blazer in slide 59 as well, with similar contrasting lapels. Browsing through that collection inspires me to try mixing a flowy floral dress or skirt with this blazer next time!
here), and it's worth scrolling down to see the details, including the lovely lining (and a funny picture of Vizzini right after that).
I've done this trouser/shoe combo before, and it got a strong response from my colleagues. Everyone loves red shoes.
Outerwear - Unsafe Polar Bear time!
- Scarf - thrifted; purchased here for $1.00 - first wearing
- Gloves - thrifted in Powell River
- Star Trek communicator badge - MoPOP Museum gift shop, Seattle
- Earrings - thrifted
- Ring - c. 1996