Hello, my friends! It's not much of a bigass wrap-up this weekend, as I've been taking it easy and being chill. I need quiet weekends to restore my mental energy - we introverts get our mojo back from being alone. Ahhhh....
This is my entry for Patti's "Visible Monday" over at Not Dead Yet Style. Go!
- Sweater - Club Monaco, thrifted; first worn here with yellow in January
- Trousers - Alexander McQueen, Fall 2003 collection, thrifted; last seen here in December 2018 with bells on
- Shoes - Marc; last worn here in November 2018 with pink and grey
- Coat (below) - Denny Rose, consignment; last seen here in January
Getting another wearing out of my cute winged- shoulder sweater - I really enjoyed how the simple shape and details bounced off the very busy pattern in the trousers.
However, they are Alexander McQueen - real McQueen!
The youngsters at the hair salon after work were properly impressed.
Outerwear - I was pleased with how well this wool coat went with the checkers.
- Gloves - Parkhurst
Black and white (and red) bling:
- Cuff - vintage fair
- Silver/crystal ring - Soul Flower
- Earrings - Tania Gleave, Vancouver
After a fun evening of board games, L and I had a lazy morning before walking to town for lunch at the Pink Bicycle burger joint.
- Velvet dress - Betsey Johnson, vintage 90s; purchased here for $32.95
- Jeans - Levi Strauss, thrifted; last seen here in January with Monster Vest and ruffles
- Boots - Ash; last worn here (2nd outfit) in February for snowy shopping
- Coat (below) Vassali, consignment; last seen here in February
I really enjoyed the movie and found it very empowering for women and female friendship - take your girlfriends/daughters/grandkids (there were plenty of kids at our showing).
I was also really comfortable for sitting in my cushy recliner for the movie.
Coated up - I did forget the first rule of wearing velvet, though.
Fortunately, it was a lovely sunny day, so I was able to walk with the coat unbuttoned.
- Leather cuff - thrifted, Guess
- Studded cuff - vintage 80s
- Crystal ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop, Florence, Italy
- Obsidian/silver ring - gift from Mom & Dad, Mexico, c. 1986
- Snake ring - BC Museum Gift Shop, 1986
- White gold earrings - gift from L, 10th anniversary
When we got up Saturday morning, I went looking for Vizzini.
|"No, Woman, go away."|
He was sleeping in his house!
|"I suppose this means I'll have to get up for some cuddles."|
He hopped out and listened to us getting ready.
|"You better not be out for long!"|
I grabbed him for a quick selfie.
|"Make sure you get my good side for my fans."|
What a cutie!
Today, I shuffled down to town for my grocery shopping. I may have stopped in briefly at Rich Rags consignment to see if anything had been marked down further. I tend to stalk things there as they go on 50% off after a month.
It reminds me of tie-dye.
The brand is Silvian Heach, which I've never heard of (about them here; they apparently are mostly a European-focused business). Their skirts range from $100-150 Canadian, so not too shabby.
Vizzini's shedding his winter coat (and getting lots of brushing), and waiting for the deck to be warm enough.
|"This door should be open immediately, Woman!"|
Today, I put his post out there (it will come in when the sun goes down).
|"This spot keeps slipping out of my grasp."|
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Sending you warm breezes, wherever you are!