Ah, deep breath - the weekend is nearly upon us. Am I ready for it?
- Sweater - Boohoo, thrifted; first worn here for my birthday in October
- Trousers - Alexander McQueen, Fall 2003 collection, thrifted; last seen here in July with red checkers
- Booties - Maleika Conquer, Fluevog; last worn here in October with the only wearing of that jacket
- Coat (below) - Forever 21, thrifted; last worn last night here
It means "with extra enthusiasm", as in, "Will you be at the party on Saturday?"
"Oh yes! I'll be there with bells on!"*
Today, I wore all the bells. Bell sleeves, bell bottoms, and abstract bell shapes. Not literal bells.
here. I'm also loaning this dress here to my coworker, Samantha - she'll be my 3rd coworker to wear it!
Someone (it might have been me, but my day's a blur in the rearview mirror) said, "With bells on!" and I realized that I am actually wearing a lot of bell-like things. I love the ginormous bell sleeves on this pink sweater, for example.
This outfit had loads of admirers. Many of my coworkers noted how my hair and the sweater complemented each other so well.
Outerwear - it was danged cold this morning, but I skipped the toque, scarf and gloves by the end of the day.
- Fur toque, scarf (hidden), leather gloves - Danier Leather
- Necklace - vintage fair; purchased here for $22.00 - first wearing
- Crystal ring - Soul Flower
- Crystal/gold ring - Uffizi Gallery gift shop, Florence, Italy
- Earrings - Lazy Susan's
Well, my friends, the weekend calls - I have oodles of plans, including said party, so I will be back on Sunday with my and L's swanky outfits to show you. Peace out!
*If you're a word nerd like me, here's the origin of this English idiom.