A mid-summer long weekend is the best! BC Day is really a holiday about nothing - hooray, we live in a province! - but hey, I will take it!
Flashback to Friday, in my long blue wool cardigan.
This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Are you in? Go!
- Cardigan - Ports, vintage, consignment; first seen here in May with velvet boots
- White shirt - no label, thrifted; last worn here under my firecracker dress in July
- Skirt - Nygard; last worn here (4th outfit) in January with blue cashmere
- Shoes - Camper, thrifted; last seen here in June for a shopping day with L
It was a dead day at work, so I swooshed around in this outfit for my coworkers.
Here, let me try harder.
I'm kind of feeling done with the skirt. It's been in my closet for a long time - and it's there now. I don't need to decide right this second whether it stays or not.
My coworker Lesley and I had a laugh over these shoes.
They were hers, donated to WIN, where I bought them! I don't mind giving WIN my money; it's a good cause.
Gold and blue bling:
- Brass torc - vintage fair
- Cuff - vintage fair
- Belt - Club Monaco, thrifted; first wearing
- Amber ring - c. 1996
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
Oops, where are my ear-balls?
- Ear-balls - Dior, consignment
L and I met up for Thai food after work on Friday, then hung out and played board games for the evening. Ah, just what we needed! Chill out!
We were up early on Saturday for our usual breakfast at Floyd's - not enough people to play Ulti this week, but hopefully next week, when my leg is better (nearly there).
- Sweater - C. Wonder, thrifted; last worn here just a couple of weeks ago with brollies
- Skirt - Ranna Gill, thrifted; last seen here in May layered under a denim dress
- Shoes - Rivers Tambo, Fluevog; purchased here for $93.49
The Castle is looking beautiful in the warm weather.
After breakfast, L and I split up to have our own wanders around town.
Easy stuff to take off and put back on - always essential when shopping for oneself. I have a vintage camisole on under the sweater to keep from sweating on it.
- Chain/leather bracelet - thrifted
- Yellow glass earrings (not shown) - gift from L, Venice, Italy
Oops, that is the wrong earring(s)! I was going to wear that turquoise pair in my afternoon outfit, but the other earring broke, so I hurriedly set them aside - and inadvertently included one of them in this"stuff" photo. Ah, the trials of a fashion blogger!
I did well at WIN, and as always, I'm shopping for the good stuff, regardless of season.
They're by Talbots, and the Petite cut is the perfect hip/waist on me, and the length is just right. I only look tall in pictures - I am 5'4".
I perused the 50% off rack and came away with this sheer sparkly top.
It's by Linda Lundstrom (kind of like the Canadian Eileen Fisher), and was only $9.50 - it certainly would have cost at least $60-100 new. Made in Canada!
I'm always on the lookout for easy camisoles.
And brand new, with tags still attached!
I fell for the colours in this lovely sheer ruffled blouse.
This polyester (yay, washable!) blouse is by Lauren Ralph Lauren (the most casual line of RL).
I like a classic sweater as much as the next person. This one is a really soft green, and will be wonderful to wear in cooler weather.
It's by Lacoste (I'm sure you spotted the gator).
Really? For a 100% wool sweater?
I'm always on the lookout for a nice cardigan/topper. Black is good - I don't have a black cardigan anymore (well, no, that's not strictly true; I do, but it's a heavier one with white detailing, here).
I recognize the Wolford name - they make tights (I have a pair of knee highs by them that I thrifted last year).
The tag's there, yes, it's made in Italy.
I was really jazzed about this incredible coat/duster that was in with the dresses.
It's made of denim with a touch of stretch.
And it's made in Canada! Washable too - important for Madame Spillypants.
Most of the weekend has not been overly hot. Vizzini's been making the most of it.
|"Is that the sound of a camera interrupting my nap?"|
L and I got home from our respective shopping expeditions on Satureday in time to get changed and head back to town to meet up with our best gang of friends for the inevitable long weekend hangout.
- Cardigan - Joseph A, consignment; first seen here in June with green lace and all chartreuse
- Top - Club Monaco, thrifted; last worn here in January with embroidery and pleats
- Pants - Pinkerton, consignment; first seen here in April with another duster
- Shoes - Wonders; last worn here (3rd outfit) in June for a day in town with L while on stay-cation
We met up at Bart's (aka Bartholomew's Pub), hoping to sit out on the sunny patio, but we were thwarted by the sheer size of our group (16+).
This outfit ended up being just right. The silk pants billowed majestically and were comfy for sitting (elastic waist!).
- Bracelet - Lia Sophia, thrifted
- Turquoise/silver ring - local
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
- Earrings - gift from L, Venice
I only took a few pictures and mostly just enjoyed hanging out with all of our friends.
Inside Bart's - raising a glass to Nick for his birthday last week.
And some of my gorgeous gals.
L and I got home late on Saturday night, and hung out for the evening, hiding from the heat.
Yesterday/Sunday, we'd planned a leisurely day of strolling about town together. I had a $100 gift card to Chapters, and there were a few other places we wanted to go. It's one of those days when you just play tourist in your own town. Fun!
- Jacket - Jacob, thrifted; last seen here in July over a jammy dress
- Blouse - Jacob, thrifted; last worn here (2nd outfit) in May for shopping for L's birthday
- Skirt - See by Chloe, consignment; last seen here in May with this same top
- Shoes - Born, consignment; last worn here (2nd outfit) one week earlier
From the Ruby, we checked out the sale at Outlooks, then went to Mango's and found L a new pair of jeans (G Star Raw) - premium denim for my guy! They were on sale, too.
Round green bling:
- Brass bangle - thrifted; first wearing
- Glass bangle - thrifted
- Earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L
- Jade ring - Mom's, vintage 70s
- Necklace - Mom's vintage 70s
I found a couple of things at Flavour Upstairs, but their stock seemed really low.
I couldn't find this top online, but it's been made since Ralph Lauren acquired them in 1999.
I found two cool bracelets as well.
Because I think this is my old bracelet from 1986! I had this identical bracelet back then, donated sometime in the 90s, probably. I'm sure this could have belonged to someone else...but really? It feels like my old bracelet. It feels familiar. What are the chances that someone else had this exact bracelet?
Vizzini, how's this weekend been for you, my little fuzz-ball?
|"I just want to nap."|