In addition to getting a wear per season (or more) for my clothing items, I also try to get a wear out of my shoes. No new-to-me clothes here, this outfit was purely built to showcase two not-yet-worn things.
- Top - Le Chateau, consignment; last worn here in July 2017 for Canada Day - same shoes!
- Skirt - L.A.M.B., fall 2005, consignment, Vancouver; first worn here in April with more drape
- Shoes - Faith Low Reumah, Fluevog; last seen here in the same outfit as the top, last July
- Jacket (below) - Helmut Lang, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) in June for a wee shop
I love this top on me - it's such a great fit. I've had it since October 2010 (first worn here).
|"I don't know who you're talking to, but it's not me."|
This is the second wearing of the skirt. I've been poking around in Vogue's runway archives (link here, 'cause I love!). Any brand in the last 20+ years that's had a runway show has pictures of every single look that went down the runway - by clicking on the "Collection" link, you can view thumbnails of all the outfits. The waistband label of this skirt actually says "Fall 2005" (I only just noticed it today!) but LAMB only goes back to Spring 2006 (here).
Pretty cool to have that resource! I find a lot of "name" brands, and I love to be able to pinpoint when my pieces were made. Knowing that I have a Fall 2005 piece, I found this page here, showing my skirt in the 6th picture down. Pretty cool! This piece is 13 years old.
|"You are incorrect, Woman, I am only 7 years old."|
He was being cranky, so I gave him a cuddle. Say hello to your fans, Vizzini.
|"Hello to your fans."|
Outerwear! It was chilly this morning, so I grabbed this jacket at the last second. Not needed later.
they've earned a reprieve! I first wore them here in May 2013, but bought them here in October 2012 for $54.00 (cheapest Fluevogs ever).
- Necklace - vintage 60s, Grandma J
- Glass bangle - thrifted
- Jade ring - vintage 70s, Mom's
- Earrings - Stella & Dot, consignment, Vancouver
Wishing you all a lovely weekend! I'll be back on Sunday with my Bigass Weekend Wrap-Up!