So, yes, I did not go to work yesterday. I couldn't breathe, and I had barely slept. I got up, fired off an email to HR and my boss, and went back to bed. I needed that. I'm still sick today, and I probably should have stayed home another day.
- Jacket - Le Chateau, consignment; last seen here in December 2016 with gold dots
- Blouse - no label, vintage 80s, thrifted; last worn here in December 2016 underneath stained glass
- Skirt - Club Monaco, consignment; last worn here in November 2016 with turquoise velvet
- Shoes - "I Know" Poetic Licence, gift from mother-in-law; last seen here in May 2016 with stripes and dots
- Unsafe Polar Bear Coat (below) - Apparence, thrifte
this outfit, which was one of my favourites of 2016. Same blouse/skirt combo, but this time with a cream blazer and shoes that read lighter. Through my groggy sickie stupor, I perceived that people at work liked this too.
I somehow neglected to crop my outerwear picture, so here's a wide shot for ya. Note that my white floral Doc Martens are ready for me to change into for my walk to work. They are being worn daily - my cost-per-wear is down to about $4.00 a day already! They've been a dream to wear, and I get comments on them every day, not to mention that they are highly visible when I'm walking in early morning or early evening light.
Okay, that may be the cold medication talking. *ahem*
|Makes it more fun when you know they got it on in real life, hee hee!|
- Earrings - local
- Pin - homegrown vintage 1986
- Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
On Tuesday night, I had Cat over to "test-drive" our outfits for the Big Dramatic Event happening tomorrow night. We had many giggles, much styling, and playing with Vizzini in and around my closet. Cat gave me a pair of her old boots!
I also redid my nails that night. That yellow was crap, and it's been turfed. This is my favourite nail polish. It's so GOLD.
|I see gold polish!|
It's hard to see here, but L is rocking a 10" afro of his REAL HAIR there. It was a phenomenon. People were in awe.
Anyways, this nail polish and I go way back. I'll have to see if Rimmel still makes this colour - it's nearly empty!
And with that, lovelies, I am off! Off on one grand adventure after another - it is a very busy weekend for me! I guarantee whackitude. See you on Sunday! Happy weekend!