Happy Hallowe'en, my friends. This year I went full-on badass, as Imperator Furiosa (Charlize Theron's character) from Mad Max: Fury Road, one of my favourite movies of last year.
- T-shirt - Jacob, thrifted - one and done, purchased here for $5.50, and never to be worn again
- Camo pants - Gap, consignment; last worn here a week ago for my most recent tattoo work
- Boots - Ash; last seen here in February with my grunge team Stair Challenge outfit
Hurray for contacts, so that I could wear this look and not have to think about my glasses!
|"Don't forget to mention your badass cat."|
|"You're forgetting the best accessory, of the feline variety."|
I've had the leather and brass bracer for a few years - it was made locally and I got it at the Steampunk convention. I just wrapped a couple of belts around my upper arm, and looped them through the copper leather harness. They were still quite fussy all day.
I used bulldog clips (those black clips that you use to clip paper together) at work to keep all the straps up around my shoulder.
The stuff, part 1:
- Grommet belt - gift from Ruth
- Copper leather harness - Audra Jean (aka Audi, anyone remember her?) via re-purchase from Megan Mae
- Stomacher - InWear
- Ski goggles - thrifted for $2.95 on the weekend (into the costume box they go!)
The stuff, part 2:
- Bracer and bracelet (on left) - Ian of SkinZnHydez, locally made
- Belt w/silver - thrifted
- Brown belt - Club Monaco
- Fabric leg and waist harness - thrifted on the weekend for $6.95
- Leather driving gloves - Heart's Content
- Silver metal mesh belt - thrifted on the weekend for $2.95
I helped L assemble his costume. He thought it would be funny to be a cultist and "stump" for Cthulhu for the US election.
I hope you all have a safe and fun Hallowe'en!